West Coast Mini Convention

jboatno4

Supporting Member 1
Here's a pic of both my elkys ('72 & '59) ... I'l get some more shots of the '59

Jack

Attachments

• HPIM0657.JPG
    HPIM0657.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 65

jboatno4

Supporting Member 1
Here's one of the 348 (pretend that the rest of the car matches....)

Jack

Attachments

• HPIM0690.JPG
    HPIM0690.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 60

Bam59

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
hi,,,may i ask were you got the numbers that are on the valve covers?

bignbad60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hey Jack, Motor looks nice...Are those the valve covers I've seen sell on ebay from time to time...What is the quality ? I asked on line but the seller wasn't very informative...Thanks Tim

jboatno4

Supporting Member 1
bignbad60 said:
Hey Jack, Motor looks nice...Are those the valve covers I've seen sell on ebay from time to time...What is the quality ? I asked on line but the seller wasn't very informative...Thanks Tim

Yes, these are the ones from eBay, sold by 'Coily'. Under the "348" emblem there is another emblem that says, "High Performance".

You're right about the fellow not being very informative, I had the same problem with him once the auction was completed. Someone else sells chrome covers on eBay also, but without the emblems.

They seem to be decent quality covers - very similar to the original Chevy (409?) chrome covers that were on the motor when I got it - and so far I'm happy with them (but I haven't really run the motor for too long at any one time yet). So far they don't seem to leak.

Thanks for the nice words...just wish the rest of the car was already done. Still lots of time and $ to go.

Hadn't really planned to go dual quad but fell into a xxxx881 409 intake that had been modified to fit between the 348 heads. Next thing you know.....

All my friends think I need to mount a couple 55 gallon drums in the bed for gas tanks....

Jack

jboatno4

Supporting Member 1
Garbageman said:
I saw that Madras has a nostalgia race Sep 24 and 25. I plan on going to that providing the pass doesn't get an early snow that weekend.

Paul
Paul,
Just re-reading some of the earlier messages and I saw this one again.

The way this year has been nothing would surprise me anymore. Usually we are in high fire season, but due to all the rain this year we're still only moderate.

I live about 45 minutes south of Madras (halfway between Redmond and Sisters). Which pass would you use to come over?

Jack

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
I would come through Salem then over the Santiam to Sisters then on to Madras. My Mom lives in Bend and I have travelled that route many, many times and know how it can change in a matter of 24 hours. I could go through Portland, over Hood then to Madras but I hate driving in Portland.

Your car is looking great. Mine is back together but I had a poor showing at Woodburn during the Oldies race. Solved that problem and now I'm just waiting for the Hot Rod Nat'ls in August.

Paul

jboatno4

Supporting Member 1
Garbageman said:
I would come through Salem then over the Santiam to Sisters then on to Madras. My Mom lives in Bend and I have travelled that route many, many times and know how it can change in a matter of 24 hours. I could go through Portland, over Hood then to Madras but I hate driving in Portland.

Paul

You'll be within 1.5 miles of me going between Sisters and Bend (4 miles going between Sisters and Redmond). You'll have to stop on the way for refreshments.

Jack