West Coast Shoot Out 2012

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Merry Christmas everyone. I am working on the 2012 West Coast Shoot Out and wanted to get some feedback or ideas for this upcoming event. A great time was had by all who attended last year.

We will hold the event at Samoa Dragstrip again this year. Dan and Kathy Wright were wonderful hosts and want do anything they can to make our event what we want it to be. They provided the posters, trophy's and discount coupons to some of the local resturants and lodging and were always asking what they could do for us. Great People. I will be talking to them about maybe having our event in July rather than late August. I have looked at their schedule and see some possible openings.

Please let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions. I am moving forward on this after New Years.

Merry Christmas Happy Hanukkah & Happy New Years

Paul

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Paul,

For us the late August time is great, rather than July because of things going on locally ! We had a great time last year and will plan to attend this year if things work out. I've got some changes happening in the work situation, which might leave us out, or leave us with a more flixible time schedule, just have to see what shakes out.

Hope to see you again
Bill and Linda

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Not sure if I would change anything Paul, hopefully more people can make it in 2012. Otherwise it was a fun event, very cool no pit pass required just enter when you want. Pat:beer

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Paul: Had a great time last year & plan to do it again next year. August time frame was good for me. Have some plans for late July. Not sure when any of the other shootout are scheduled. Would be good to know so we don't have any conflicts. Sent you another note about my clutch, let me know if you get it.

Happy holidays everyone. Take care.

Joel & Shelly

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Paul, we are in regardless of the date. Hope to see everyone again, plus some new folks.
Dave

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Looks like the Iowa shootout is scheduled for early August. Hopefully Iwill be able to attend both. See you all then.

Joel

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
OK, we are all set for 2012 West Coast 348-409 Shootout. I talked with Dan Wright, Samoa Dragstrip, and we are scheduled again for their Nostalgia Reunion Weekend. The dates are August 25 and 26.
Saturday August 25th will be a car show and nostalgia drag racing that we can participate in and a track hosted BBQ.
Sunday August 26th will be more bracket racing and the 348-409 West Coast Shootout.
Hopefully Dean will be there to defend his championship. I know the rest of us will be gunning for him, right fellows.:bat
Everyone is welcome to bring your 348/409 powered whether your a racer, car show participant or spectator. And if you're a racer but not W powered come on out too!
Dan will be promoting the heck out of our event, like last year. I know it is early in the year so everyone mark your calendar and let me know when you know for sure you will be attending. Our racing group from Oregon will be there.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
We are planning to attend, and may tow the car, so we can race. !!! I just hate to race, my only transportation, when I'm 700 miles from home ?

Bill

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
It sure was. I think I will be better prepared this year, no street tires etc. And more "meetings" at the Samoa Cookhouse!

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Thanks Pat. Everything is still a big GO. Danny Wright asked for an article about W engines and our event last year to be put in their track magazine. Mr Nuts (Bill) wrote a fantastic article which has now been sent to Danny.
Everyone that came with me is looking forward to another great event this year (Aug 25 & 26, 2012). Now that I am familiar with the track I hope to improve over last year.

Paul

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
We are still planning to attend and hope to run down the stip this year. Not going to say I'll race, at this point, because I'm not sure how we are going to come (tow or drive). Bet we have fun either way. Going to plan for Sunday this year, so we don't miss out on the REAL stuff.

Bill