What’s your sign?

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
What’s your sign? Just curious what kind of a sign you may have on your shop or garage. Maybe even your house. And if there’s an interesting story behind it? So here’s a chance to show your sign!
When I was about 16 years old and just started driving a friend of mine‘s parents owned a DX station in the little town. It was just about 3 miles from my grandparents farm. I used to hang out down there on weekends and pump gas and put air in tires and clean windshields. Free child labor.They had snacks and peanuts and potato chips and candy bars but most of all they had an old bottle soda machine that when you took the top off there was ice in the neck.:beer .25 each. Candy was a .25 and peanuts were.10.... anyway when I was a junior in high school we moved to Columbia Missouri and I graduated from Hickman high school. 1982. I work part time for a derby station and a couple of other places. Later on a couple years down the road I move back to the farm to help. And I also worked at the gas station for extra cash. So I was an employee of the DX station and I also delivered LP bottle gas. The name of the company was Alan oil company. We had a bulk truck and delivered fuel to the farmers
My boss John was also the proprietor of the Winston Cup series circle track racing facility. And of course we had a late model or two and raced and had a Sponsorship from DX /Sunoco. Lots of good memories and I went through there on memorial day and one of the signs I put up above the bulk plant was still there. The memories were running through my head like crazy. My mom and stepdad owned the bar and grill as well as the post office. And I knew everybody living in the area especially during Christmas and Thanksgiving when people were running out of LP gas while cooking their bird or ham. So I would always run down and get a bottle of gas and go hook it up for them:scared2. That’s my story, show us a picture of the sign .

71987C1E-329D-442D-9097-DB550EB0E182.jpeg4548E588-8992-4C4D-A555-7B8118EC9D92.jpeg

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
If you want to "protest"....fine do it respectively.
It's the ones who break store windows and carry out inventory (STEAL) that I have no respect for!!!! And then setting them on fire!!!!! Alot of private business owners ruined by some scum ruins them forever!!!!
There is a guy who was just opening his brand new store and it got burned to the ground. Someone started a Go Fund Me page with the goal of 100K. In 2 or 3 days it was up to 1,204,000!!!!!!!!!
That's America!!!!!!!

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
thanks guys, I guess we all have our price, right...I was taking care of business and was perusing the hemmings muscle car latest edition and sure enough I see Gerry Gostinik's name called out for his expertise with quadrajets...