What’s your sign?

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That sure is a beautiful car, but I think that you paid too much for it. It cost less than $3000 when it was new, and 5 years later was worth half of that. If we had only kept all those beautiful cars that we owned in our youth today we would have all have fantastic collections. Enjoy the ride..
when Linda was alive each year we'd do a fly and ride to some part of the west coast or a state park...while on route 66 I got me one of the coveted shield 66...stuck is between the back rest and luggage...some sumbitch snatched it from me...no honor among thieves I guess...:dunno2

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
when Linda was alive each year we'd do a fly and ride to some part of the west coast or a state park...while on route 66 I got me one of the coveted shield 66...stuck is between the back rest and luggage...some sumbitch snatched it from me...no honor among thieves I guess...:dunno2
I didn't want to use the Fly and Ride when I went to Europe, however they had everything planned. The hotels, luggage shuttled from one place to another etc. I will admit, it was nice as I did it at the last minute. However we only spent about half the time with the group. Some of the others didn't seem to understand that you could go do your own thing, and some were a little intimidated by the language differences also. Germany, Austria, Lictenstien, and France. We were suppose to also hit Spain but that didn't happen. Our friends out of NC also did the Fly and Ride on the West Coast.

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
jeff, we just flew out, got picked up at the airport, and rode off into the sunset...national park accomodations gotta be made almost a year in advance but well worth it...first time to California we wind up on the 105...10 lanes of idiots, I felt like fresh meat on a moped and I've been riding something 2 wheels since I was 8...gonna give it up, I don't feel comfortable on the roads anymore...it certainly isn't due to age...:brow

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
jeff, we just flew out, got picked up at the airport, and rode off into the sunset...national park accomodations gotta be made almost a year in advance but well worth it...first time to California we wind up on the 105...10 lanes of idiots, I felt like fresh meat on a moped and I've been riding something 2 wheels since I was 8...gonna give it up, I don't feel comfortable on the roads anymore...it certainly isn't due to age...:brow
We definitely have our share of idiots on the roads, however I will try to do better :D I wanted my wife to quit her job back then and find something closer to home. So I told her I would sell one of the Harleys and she could use the money to supplement income till she found a job. She put in her two weeks and I immediately booked us for 15 days in Europe. We left about 3 weeks later. So in that respect, it was worth using the program.

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
hell, 15 days abroad, I would have been happy with a vespa...nice trip...

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
hell, 15 days abroad, I would have been happy with a vespa...nice trip...

Road King. However If I was to go back it would be a BMW. Motorcycles, at least in Germany where I rented it, and I believe in all central European countries are heavily scrutinized. Little to no modifications allowed. The Road King was an anemic powerless piece of garbage. I had no issues going through the Alps etc at a good speed in the twisties, however the BMW would be overall better I think.