What’s your sign?

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
My Dad told me, if I graduated H.S. he would co-sign, for me to get a new car.:dance:happyBeing impatient, like most 17 year old's are, I went looking for a car, before school ended. I drove myself crazy.:wacko I already had my 57 Chevy wagon. I wanted another Chevy. One day, I found a 1959 RED Impala Conv. with a 4-speed trans.:loveWe had to go see it.:clap It was about a 12 mile drive, to a Phillips 66 Gas Station. When we got there, Dad immediately, had his mind made up, this wasn't the car for me.:cry1 348 C.I. with 3 2bbls. Custom White interior, with a White conv. top. I fell in love instantly:love When he started it up, that cam shook the whole car. :goodSeeing the 3 carbs, he figured, that meant trouble for me.:rolleyes That was the first time I seen a W motor in person. I was hooked.:cloudWe didn't speak much, on the way back home. He knew I was disappointed. He did his best to explain that, that motor sounded terrible, and would probably blow up.:drop What did he know? He was a Chef, not a Car guy. After a couple days, I got over it. Then a couple weeks later, it happened. Our daily newspaper "Livermore Chevrolet. 1964 Chevrolet Conv. Red w/white interior. 409, 4 speed. Low Mileage." Holy Shit. Let's go, Judy.:pepperThis car was Love, at first sight. As soon as I started it up, and popped the hood, I got a Boner, that has lasted for 56 years. Even my Girl loved it. Just looking at that huge chrome air cleaner, the solid lifters.:cloud Now I had to convince Dad. He drove it first. It scared him. He brought his friend with him, the next day. His buddy told him, this has a 409 motor, probably much too fast, for a young kid. He asked the salesman why, would this 3,000 mile car be unsold. I guess a lady bought it new, and it was much too much power for her. Anyway, she traded it in for a Chevelle. After some promises, that I would never speed, or drive recklessly, I brought her home. Life has never been the same.:appl

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Cool story skip, I guess I was just born in the wrong decade! :confused The first car I looked at when I was old enough to drive was a 68 Chevy II nova it was a super sport and had a 350 with a four-speed in it. The crazy thing is it really wasn’t that much money. But I was a little short on the funds and it didn’t last long. I have one now though. Big block four-speed. I had a 62 Belair one time that was a four-door that Belong to my aunt. She gave it to me and it didn’t have the title because she couldn’t find it. I asked her to file for a lost title and she did. I drove it for a while but it it just wore me out with repairs so I traded it. Six cylinder powerglide.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
My Dad told me, if I graduated H.S. he would co-sign, for me to get a new car.:dance:happyBeing impatient, like most 17 year old's are, I went looking for a car, before school ended. I drove myself crazy.:wacko I already had my 57 Chevy wagon. I wanted another Chevy. One day, I found a 1959 RED Impala Conv. with a 4-speed trans.:loveWe had to go see it.:clap It was about a 12 mile drive, to a Phillips 66 Gas Station. When we got there, Dad immediately, had his mind made up, this wasn't the car for me.:cry1 348 C.I. with 3 2bbls. Custom White interior, with a White conv. top. I fell in love instantly:love When he started it up, that cam shook the whole car. :goodSeeing the 3 carbs, he figured, that meant trouble for me.:rolleyes That was the first time I seen a W motor in person. I was hooked.:cloudWe didn't speak much, on the way back home. He knew I was disappointed. He did his best to explain that, that motor sounded terrible, and would probably blow up.:drop What did he know? He was a Chef, not a Car guy. After a couple days, I got over it. Then a couple weeks later, it happened. Our daily newspaper "Livermore Chevrolet. 1964 Chevrolet Conv. Red w/white interior. 409, 4 speed. Low Mileage." Holy Shit. Let's go, Judy.:pepperThis car was Love, at first sight. As soon as I started it up, and popped the hood, I got a Boner, that has lasted for 56 years. Even my Girl loved it. Just looking at that huge chrome air cleaner, the solid lifters.:cloud Now I had to convince Dad. He drove it first. It scared him. He brought his friend with him, the next day. His buddy told him, this has a 409 motor, probably much too fast, for a young kid. He asked the salesman why, would this 3,000 mile car be unsold. I guess a lady bought it new, and it was much too much power for her. Anyway, she traded it in for a Chevelle. After some promises, that I would never speed, or drive recklessly, I brought her home. Life has never been the same.:appl

:brow:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Russ I don’t remember seeing that sign when we looked at the Porsche and the woody with the 348 in it, that’s a cool sign I’ve never seen one before what’s the date?:goodRuss I don’t remember seeing that sign when we looked at the Porsche in the woody with the 348 in it, that’s a cool sign I’ve never seen one before what’s the date? And by the way That’s some pretty cool looking old nostalgic trophies you have there too! :cool: Lady Luck...

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Picked up another new sign today, also my grandson is 3 1/2 years old. His dad is 29, and his Great grandpa is 88 and 10D1D669-358E-422F-8218-06B08B23B7A7.jpeg44E6CBC2-DF0D-4FB1-A0EC-365EB4A8B959.jpegE366A69F-C28F-4E4D-A149-29F0134C9EB6.jpeg79CB8CE8-909D-4056-BC90-54C48608E722.jpeg20F83588-65AB-4A0C-A7DB-9AB5831BF6E3.jpeg the coveralls my grandson is wearing were his great grandpa‘s when he was three or four. I have a picture of my son in those Coveralls when he was three. Three generations 88 years. The great grandpa and I both worked at DX stations.

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Someday when I grow up I’ll be a 409! Had a visit today with Phil and he sent me home with some stuff. Thanks for the sign Phil and the opportunity to add to my new bad habit!:facepalm
by the way Tom the mailbox is back in Boone County......:dunnoC0B8745F-6925-4941-A343-F4D1501D621C.jpeg