WHAT A MAN WILL DO!

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
I'm with you on that one!

I hope to be done with my "flip house" by Spring so I can put it on the market and get rid of it. I put flip in quotes as I've owned it for 20 years but wish I didn't... Once you get that bathroom done the coast will be clear, eh?

Have fun!

TomK

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Not to complicate your project, but have you looked into putting a heating element underneath your new tile floor?

That's something I'm looking into for an upcoming project I have on the books.

Best, TomK

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
I get it. They have an idea, maybe one seen on TV. They get the bug, an idea of what it might be. You have to follow their lead.

We just did a major redo a formal dining room that we use maybe 2-3 times a year.... I spent more time in that room in one month than I have in the past 35 years :). But she's happy, and I survived the project. I try to walk through that room at least once a week now...

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
happy wife equals happy life. jim
That saying needs to go the way of the dinosaur. By todays standards its sexist towards males. It implies a one sided relationship that ultimately leaves one side unhappy, and therefore in the end, no one is really happy. So in the name of fairness, or equality for left wacko's, we need to change that for about 100 years to one of the following:

Happy husband if you want to keep the lovin.
Happy man, that is the plan.
Happy guy, you might want to give it a try.
Happy dude, and the happiness might include you.
Happy male spouse, happy house.

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I get it. They have an idea, maybe one seen on TV. They get the bug, an idea of what it might be. You have to follow their lead.

We just did a major redo a formal dining room that we use maybe 2-3 times a year.... I spent more time in that room in one month than I have in the past 35 years :). But she's happy, and I survived the project. I try to walk through that room at least once a week now...
Don't do that Tom, you'll end up wearing a path through there and next thing you will be redoing the floors !!! :poke:roll:roll:roll

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Small price to pay for a bubbletop.

while we may think the bathroom looks fine as is, she thinks it needs work. She probably also thinks you should have left the bt where it was? Small price to pay.

Don’t do the floor warmer, that’s mission creep, no need for that and it may not end there. :crazy

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
So my wife was watching a TV show where they remodel the bathroom and decided we needed to remodel our master bathroom, I put metal looking covering on the ceiling like the old tin plating, chair rail, new window new toilets new subfloor new high-dollar linoleum and beadboard. Cut all the trim painted all the trim caulked it painted it again and it only took me a month! And she'd commented several times that she watched a similar remodel on TV and had no idea it would take that long!!!!!!!! Of course you have to buy new mirrors and new pictures and decor and new curtains ECT!!! Now she's wanting to put new windows in the family room change the Stone around the fireplace sheet rock all the walls and paint.:rub:read maybe I need to negotiate a remodel for a new 61-64 Impala. Maybe even a race car?
GOOD LUCK DENNIS!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I put a heated floor in the bathroom for Mary. It came with the heated floor in the living room, dining room, kitchen, office, sun room, bedroom, and the whole basement. What a guy.....:good you guys got by cheap.

Last edited:

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
My wife wants to remodel our bathroom. It's very small so probably wouldn't take too long. I told her it would take a couple weeks or so and we don't have another shower in the house. Well, that ended that for now. We will probably remodel it, just have to walk to her parents house to shower everyday. I'm in no hurry, no cars or parts in it for me. :D

Last edited: