What are these?

bobs409

Administrator
Found these in the trunk of a 66 Corvair yesterday. I don't think they are from it at least I couldn't find anywhere they would go. :D

If they are Corvair, where do they go? If they are not, what are they from? :scratch

They are aluminum with black paint in the slots and weight 2lb 6.4 oz each! They measure 17-1/4 X 4-1/2 inches. There are NO part numbers or any markings on them.

I thought they looked neat so I brought them home. Would make nice fake scoops for a hood. :deal

100_6850.jpg
100_6851.jpg

bobs409

Administrator
It does look like them but what do they mean by 4 stack style and they also mention screens and plates in that auction? These are solid, no holes. Look to be formed from aluminum billet. :dunno

I am hoping they are what you say, looks like they are valuable if so. :dance

Thanks,

Bob

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
They just bolt down on the hood, I think there is a black vinyl gasket that sits under them. No screens or other stuff.

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Appear to be what a buddy of mine had on the hood of his '70 Nova SS trim car.

Lonnie

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
It does look like them but what do they mean by 4 stack style and they also mention screens and plates in that auction? These are solid, no holes. Look to be formed from aluminum billet. :dunno

I am hoping they are what you say, looks like they are valuable if so. :dance

Thanks,

Bob
Bob, The 4-stack style and screens are for 69 Camaro. The 69 hood ornaments are completely different than 67-68 but use the same dimentions and will fit 67-68 hoods.

bobs409

Administrator
I just posted on a Camaro site to get confirmation before I ebay these babies. :deal

Thanks guys, you really helped on this one. :)

bobs409

Administrator
Yep, that's what the Camaro guys said too. I'm going to give them a quick respray, wipe the tops to expose the aluminum and list on ebay for $49.99 These should do well on there, I see no others on except the link Dan listed above for new ones.

You just never know what you'll find in the junkyard! I guess that's what I like the most about it. :cool: