What do original 64 keys go to?

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I have a 60 series truck that came with an electric Mico Brake Lock. It has a toggle switch on the dash that controls a solenoid in the brake line. With the switch on, push the brake pedal and the solenoid locks the fluid. It did not always work, so I added a Lever Lock like shown above. The lever is dash mounted. You push the brake pedal and flip the lever up and it holds the brake fluid. Well that is the way is was designed to work. Mine no longer holds the fluid and releases the brakes after about 30 seconds. I can't trust in anymore.
I don't think you would want to add one to a car. Your e brake is enough to hold a car.

ragtp66

Well Known Member
He lived in Chicago at the time and both cars were parked on the street. If you have ever been down the alleys in the old neighborhoods there is no chance you could have gotten that big old impala in and out of the tiny 1 car garage. The chevelle MAYBE. The Impala was attempted to be stolen twice but couldn't get it to move. One of the times the would be thieves smoked the clutch trying to get it to move.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
The brake lock was kind of a crude anti - theft system. You would apply the brakes and it would keep them applied without the key to unlock it you would have to drag the car with all 4 wheels locked up. But that is what they had back then.
I remember having those on dump trucks. Never really trusted them.

ragtp66

Well Known Member
The cars he bought from Ferrel-Hicks came and went before I was even a twinkle in his eye. But I do remember these annoying commercials.

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
“5727 south ashland avenue to Ferrel Hicks....,to Ferrel Hicks ” ! I didnt even have to go look at the address in your post ! Pretty sure you wouldnt want to sightsee down there anymore.