What do you call your 09?

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Oddly enough I do not have names for several of my cars. I do talk to them once in a while, generally referring to them as "the girls".

As James mentioned I call the one car "BA409" because I have personal license plates that state the same. But it's really "The Salt Shaker" as the lettering states. I don't have a name for the '62SS car, which I've had for over 15 years now. I do refer to the one project as "The Convert" but it's a long way from being a driver. The '62 Biscayne deserves a name, so I'll have to think on that one a bit. I've only had her less than a year. The first "W" car that I never finished restoring is a 1961 Belair "sport coupe" and she doesn't have a name either, and that's been in my grasp for more than 15 years.

The one car I do have a name for is an easy one, I call her "Splittie" as she is a 1963 SWC :).

I call my daily driver cars "paid for" :) :) :).

Cheers! TomK

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Picture is from 76 or 77 at the Popular Hot Rodding Championship race at US 131 Martin, Mi. All steel 67 Camaro D/MP, 310 c.i. sbc, Doug Nash pro shifted top loader Ford 4-spd, Dana 60 rear with 6.17 gear. Launched car at 8000 rpm. Spent way more time under car fixing broken driveline parts, than in the drivers seat. Called the car "the Blue Goose" image.jpeg

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Picture is from 76 or 77 at the Popular Hot Rodding Championship race at US 131 Martin, Mi. All steel 67 Camaro D/MP, 310 c.i. sbc, Doug Nash pro shifted top loader Ford 4-spd, Dana 60 rear with 6.17 gear. Launched car at 8000 rpm. Spent way more time under car fixing broken driveline parts, than in the drivers seat. Called the car "the Blue Goose" View attachment 75578
You old Fossil..................:taunt

CASHguzzler409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I call my car the "Guzzler" because every time I take her out she guzzle's up 10 gallons of gas, and $36.00 dollars of my money. But today I went to Heaven, yes its true. Me and the "guzzler" took a
100 mile trip, blue skies, sunny was out, window down, heater on,, 65 miles an hr, at 3000 on the tach. Now I don't have a working radio, but all I was thinking about was this is my 409, never been beat, damn what a drive it was. Well got up to the Island, quite, not any traffic, a long quite mile road, you could see no one coming, I "slowed down", put it 1st gear, was still rolling just a little. Slamed it
to the floor, rear end hopped, burned rubber, got to 6000 before I could think, shifted, 6000 again, shifted 6000 again, damn..... what a day. Like I said, I was in Heaven, I mean 409 Heaven. drove home
put it in the garage, grabbed a cold one, haven't wipped the smile off my face yet. :cheers cash:pepper