What do you ride?

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I never did have a road bike. I was more into trail riding in the mountains and some trials riding. I put a lot of miles on my 74 Ossa Explorer back in the day. I have not ridden the last few years, bad knees make it hard to stand and ride.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I never did have a road bike. I was more into trail riding in the mountains and some trials riding. I put a lot of miles on my 74 Ossa Explorer back in the day. I have not ridden the last few years, bad knees make it hard to stand and ride.

That is why I don't ride anymore. Bad back mostly, but other parts apply. Therefore, Convertible :D

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5

I liked those old Spanish bikes like Ossa ,Montessa and Bultaco's the Bultaco Astro was a fast little track bike my Brother raced against those in the 70's aboard his Yamaha Trackmaster TD 1 B when he was a Novice. I think I have a Ossa alloy hub & wheel or two laying around still.

Mark

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I liked those old Spanish bikes like Ossa ,Montessa and Bultaco's the Bultaco Astro was a fast little track bike my Brother raced against those in the 70's aboard his Yamaha Trackmaster TD 1 B when he was a Novice. I think I have a Ossa alloy hub & wheel or two laying around still.

Mark
Your brother probably raced against my uncle Mark.. he raced an Astro in the 70’s, he still has it.. He’s got a couple of Bultacos and Montessa’s.. several other British bikes too.. would love to get my hands on the Astro or Pursang...

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
I still have the Bultaco Frontera 370 I purchased in Eastlake, Ohio new in 1977:

Bultaco and Rickman.jpg

That bike behind the Bultaco is a 1972 Rickman Metisse frame with a 250VR Montesa engine :).

I also have a complete 1968 Husky Viking 390 motocross bike hiding down the basement...

The Montesa runs, the Bul needs new spark (I did acquire an aftermarket HEI unit for it after not getting the Femsa to ignite).

The Husky is in pieces...

Cheers! TomK

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I still have the Bultaco Frontera 370 I purchased in Eastlake, Ohio new in 1977:

View attachment 74827

That bike behind the Bultaco is a 1972 Rickman Metisse frame with a 250VR Montesa engine :).

I also have a complete 1968 Husky Viking 390 motocross bike hiding down the basement...

The Montesa runs, the Bul needs new spark (I did acquire an aftermarket HEI unit for it after not getting the Femsa to ignite).

The Husky is in pieces...

Cheers! TomK

I was just gonna say I see you're hiding a Rickman in the background Tom. I used to go to a swap meet over in Burbank Oh. back in the late 80's early 90's that was a nice little swap meet but anywho there was one regular vender that always had some Rickman's for sale for cheap and they were in nice shape too wish I would have bought one or two but I was in to British bikes back then but I did find a Norton Fastback out there.

Mark

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Your brother probably raced against my uncle Mark.. he raced an Astro in the 70’s, he still has it.. He’s got a couple of Bultacos and Montessa’s.. several other British bikes too.. would love to get my hands on the Astro or Pursang...

I bet he did Ricky. That Yamaha TD 1 B my Brother had was a lousy starting bike and I always had to push start him I remember a few time I would go with him when I had one to many the night before man I'll tell you that bike was just about my ruination . My Cousin always wanted to do flattrack and he could barely ride a street bike but he bought a Bultaco Astro out of Texas I believe and it turned out the bike had a bad piston no big deal but the guy he took the bike to was a hack and told him it was going to cost him alot to get it running. Well my Cousin was a tad gullible and instead of talking to me or my Brother first this guy made him an offer on the bike for next to nothing and my Cousin took the deal. I suppose it was just as well because he would probably would have killed himself on a track because he couldn't ride for $hit on the street.

Mark

Rickys61

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That's funny a Husky 390 was the first bike I ever rode as a teenager that my buddies dad owned! Damm thing fell on me and I couldn't get it off of me!
My other uncle had a Husky 390 I would ride when I was 10-12 years old.. I’d have to start out next to the picnic table because I was so small...LOL.. still have a scar on my calf where the kick start lever backfired and stabbed me..
Hey Ricky......new avatar??????
Nice!!!!!!
Yea Phil.. but I’m thinking about changing it again to one of my wheels up launches from the Rock n Race..

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Technically this one doesn't count. We were walking through the Sacramento Harley dealer when my wife saw a new sportster. She liked the color and even though she didn't know how to ride I said well get it. Its a 96. She never rode it and a couple of years later I sold it with, can you believe it, 96 miles on it.

img101.jpg

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I could not find a picture of this fatboy. I just happen to be walking through the dining room and saw it on a photo album wall thing. Highway patrolman bought it because his buddies had one. Then realized with 2500 miles on it that it wasn't for him. I think I am down to about 7 pics needed. My biggest regret is I know I don't have pics of my first 1945 45" that I had when I was 16 :confused

img100.jpg