What do you ride?

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I delivering a load of slag a couple of days ago and I was sitting at the stop sign in the Mack and I look to the right and here comes a mini bike signaling to turn onto the street where I was sitting. I go back to looking for cars after he turns and then I hear this scrape and then a bang thinking to myself that's a noisy mini bike then I look down and there he and his bike sits laying on his side. I asked if he was ok and he said he was just a little embarrassed and then both of us were off.

Mark

WARPT

Well Known Member
Admitting you need more vehicles is the first step Robert. I'm sure if you try harder you can find #10 & #11 soon.
Yup! I had 10 last month. I sold a '64 Chevy C10 shortbox fleetside. I had the money in the bank for 4 days.... and bought another #10!
I know it's a Ford.... but it's a cool Ford. A 1929 5 window coupe, 302w/aluminum heads, auto and a narrowed 12 bolt Chevy rear.
Anybody here know a good reasonable shipping company?

WARPT

Well Known Member
My father has 3 of them ever since I was a little kid I wanted to own one of them. Turns out that they still make all of the parts for the dream series. There is a local Honda Dream guru that I met and he explained that parts are still made in the Philippines/India, you just have to ship them over state side. I'm a small CC guy when it comes to motor bikes. Besides if I really want to go fast I just jump in a plane.
True about jumping in a plane.... but you don't get the rush of speed unless you're flying 3 feet off the ground.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
True about jumping in a plane.... but you don't get the rush of speed unless you're flying 3 feet off the ground.
Apparently you haven't flown in an open cockpit plane upside down. I'm pretty sure there isn't a greater rush. I have a few buddies with aerobatic planes and open cockpit planes. It is like being on a motorcycle but 3000ft up or more if you like. :D Follow any road or track on the ground you like. There just isn't any greater freedom or rush then among the heavens.

WARPT

Well Known Member
Apparently you haven't flown in an open cockpit plane upside down. I'm pretty sure there isn't a greater rush. I have a few buddies with aerobatic planes and open cockpit planes. It is like being on a motorcycle but 3000ft up or more if you like. :D Follow any road or track on the ground you like. There just isn't any greater freedom or rush then among the heavens.
Yes, you are correct. I have not flown in an open cockpit plane upside down. Maybe I will get to experience that one day?! But I have flown in an open cockpit biplane... just not upside down. If my memory serves me right it was a 1929 Travel Air over Sturgis during bike week in 2000. We flew over Main St. and the pilot stood it on the wing tip and circled over Main St., I was looking down the wing at all the people and bikes on Main! My girl and I had on our leather skull caps and riding goggles. Definitely an experience I will never forget! AWESOME! Although I am not a pilot, I was given the controls of a Super Decathalon by the owner and aerobatic instructor and I executed an aileron roll and a loop! Another experience I will never forget! You are absolutely right about the rush among the heavens! :cloud
P.S. I am looking for a Weedhopper ultralight if you know of one up for sale.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Years ago we came back home from a bike ride and as we approached our house we noticed several fire trucks at our house and as we got closer we noticed we had a ultralight aircraft laying upside down on the roof. I guess he was heading east past the house and his engine started acting up so he turned around and when he got near the house the motor quit so he stated gliding and then his landing gear clipped the electric lines going into the house so that flipped him upside down and slammed him into the roof but he didn't get hurt just a little bruised. I'll tell you it gives you a start as you approach your house and you see the fire department sitting there.

Mark

Last edited:

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I have an uncle with an ultralight and a grass strip right out front of his house. Pretty cool but he needs to get a chute for it. I'm of the mindset that I won't own an aircraft of any kind unless it is fitted with a BRS. (Ballistic Recovery System) They can put them on nearly any aircraft now so it really doesn't make sense to not get one installed. Just another added layer of safety. I feel more safe in an aerobatic aircraft with a chute strapped to me than I do in the 4 seat aircraft I rent and the aero is way more likely to kill me. LOL!

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Oh I was in shock and almost passed out! Mangled my thumb luckily I had other people that drove me to the hospital and another buddy that drove my car home infact it looked so bad the doc that it was broken but luckily no just horribly mangled

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I did the U-control planes to start then the RC. Now I run drones, I'm going to pop for a FLIR system soon and use it for search and rescue for all of the wooded areas around my place there is a need. 32 years ago I entered a science fair competition with a radio controled rocket launcher drone, not bad for an 11 year old kid. I received a letter from the GOV saying that weapons in the national competition were not allowed so I was disqualified. No one was smart enough to pull the RC rocket launcher drone kid aside and give him a job a Raytheon.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I was gonna say there you go Wristpin that Triumph would be a easy restore. If you get it I wouldn't mind knowing what you gave for it just to see if there is any deals still out there.

Mark

wristpin

Well Known Member
It appears that it would need a 100% tear down. Head is off and valve train is rusted, see rust in cylinder, battery acid had 30 years to eat away at frame. The wheel bearing grease was petroleum and wax so those at 16,000 miles need replaced. Chrome all needs rechroming paint is in nice shape. Its an ugly green but id leave it as is. Id prefer the blue your Triumph is. So as long as its down that far might as well tear eng/trans apart and rebuild it. I hope to get it for a low price if for no other reason as it will take another $2000-2500 to make it nice and road worthy again. For $3500 i could pick one up thats very nice and doesnt need any work. Thats what a smarter person would be doing lol

wristpin

Well Known Member
Saw other pictures
If you look at first pic here you can see rockerbox removed with retainers and springs rusted. In last pic can see sulfur built up around battery box on frame.

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Some day when I get a round tuit.

Attachments

• 20190423_163001.jpg
    20190423_163001.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 25
  • 20190423_163018.jpg
    20190423_163018.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 20190423_163055.jpg