What is the deal on this car

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Click on see other items from the same seller. Car is listed for a lower price. Smells like a scam to me.
You could be correct about the lower price and it being a scam, but I think the price is an opening bid. If it's legitimate with the original drive train, looks quite nice and a fair price at Buy It Now. I don't know, what throws me off though, is his description of the car. It almost like a rehearsed, borrowed text of the motor. Something just not right. I've gotten quite an experience with looking for a particular car and scammers. I always ask for additional pics of something on the car. Anything that wouldn't be a problem if the owner actually owned the car and had it available. I ask where the car is physically located so that it can be inspected by my agent. And I want the original, clear title/registration available for review at the same time as inspection. Many, I never hear from again and that's ok with me. I hate those guys with a passion, Carmine.

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
I didn't see any where that the seller claimed the car to be "correct and original" . Assuming no more than the way it was described it sounds like a fun driver as long as the title checked out and matched the vin.

benchseat4speed

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
That’s a scam if I ever saw one. Read the description. Same car listed on feebay in two auctions right now. Other auction starts at 7 grand. Good thing scammers don’t know s—t about cars:finger2

61-63

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I wasn't aware of the classiccar ad @ $34k or I would have realized it was a scam. The same deal occurred within the past month on a really nice '62 Plymouth max wedge car which was offered on a mopar site at $39k I think it was, and listed on ebay (exact same pictures and description) at $29k buy it now. Someone on the mopar site ask the guy what the deal was and he went to ebay and got the car removed; he didn't know it was on there.

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I just asked the guy a question and the price listed on his contact seller page is 24K, same site...

our1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The listings on Ebay are listed two ways one as an auction with two bids the highest 7K, the other is buy it now for 24K bid starting at 15K.

Nothing funny on Ebay, Classic having it at 34.5K the only thing funny is Ebay states the car is located in Colorado, Classic has the car located in Ohio.

Is it a scam who knows. (Probably)

What is SAD is that folks are getting scammed everyday and falling for it.

I've had a few things listed and when I get that reply, I'll send you a cashier check and add an extra 3K for your troubles just send me back 1.5K.