What kind of plane is this?

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Somebody turned this into a retirement home for $30,000. I can't imagine who of us would think of doing something like this!

Attachments

• image0011.jpg
    image0011.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 141
  • image0022.jpg
    image0022.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 108
  • image0033.jpg
    image0033.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 107
  • image0055.jpg
    image0055.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 100

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Hard to tell from that angle. Could be Boeing 707 or possiblly Convair 880.
Aircraft fuselages make great buildings. My buddy in Tucson cut up a KC-135 and made his office and shop out of it. The cargo door lifts up and makes an great patio cover. It comes with floor, windows, overhead light fixtures and insulation. Buy it for scrap prices and make just about anything you want out of it. There's some lady in Malibu building a big buck mansion out of a 747 with the help of some architect.
:cool::cool:

Richard/SIA

Well Known Member
Saw most of a Buss. Jet fuselage at the dump!

Took a second look, appeared to be cut off clean about even with the wings, about forty feet intact.

Windscreens were good, if the door had not been missing I would have been tempted to do something with it, could probably have bought it cheap.

Gone now, maybe it will turn up at Bonneville some year? :dunno:roll

Richard/SIA

Well Known Member
I knew a guy in Kali. who could not get zoning.....

I knew a guy in Kali. who could not get zoning approval for any house design.
He owned the property free and clear, boats were not covered by the regs, so he bought an old displacement hull wood plank 60' and had it taken in by helicopter.

Was NOT cheap, but he had an instant house, and the county was unable to do a thing about it. :deal

I'm sure it's still there, Santa Cruz mountains.