What should my 409 look like?

Gus68

Well Known Member
Ok here's the deal. My 62 Bel air 2 door sedan is mostly original but with chrome reverse wheels a 350, 4 speed, a 9 inch, and exhaust cut outs. Kinda has a 60s hot rod/ street racer thing going on. If that makes any sense. It was originally a 6 cyl car, and that's long gone. Well now I have a complete 64 truck 409 that I am building for it, but here's my thing, being it's not a restored original, and more of a street race car, I don't want the motor to look "factory correct" but not too street roddy with a bunch of do dads. More like it was swapped in in the mid 60s to go fast. Any body got any good ideas or good pics? I tryied Google but found too many restored 409s. I'll try to post a pic of the car, if I can find a good one.

Gus68

Well Known Member
One of my favorite stories I keep thinking of is one of my neighbors told me when him and a buddy were young and went to California in a 60 impala with a 348. Well the motor blew up but a junkyard had a good 409 they bought and threw in so they could get back home. He always says he remembers how fast that car was! That story is always in the back of my mind!