What to do in January

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I'm going nuts!! No cruises, no drag racing in this part of the country. What to do??........................................

I know...I'll live vicariously thorough Carl until spring!!

Last Wednesday Night

wsid_080123_105b.jpg

I love this Car!!

Carls_et.jpg

And, also, it's pretty quick!!

Looking GOOD buddy!!!! Can I come south for the winter next year?? :brow

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I might need glasses but I just can't explain the difference I think I see besides color from Denny's car. Did skip install the gas pedal?
robert

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Hey, what's going on?

Where did the Rocket score board come from. Is it left over from the old days? Or are they still down under?

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
I'd love to see more underhood detail pics of this beauty!

Anyone got some?

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
This is a picture carl sent me when we were doing the calendar (BTW, they are still available at http://www.cafepress.com/348_409.183880929 and proceeds go to support the board :brow )

This shot doesn't show the engine since he put the cross ram on it, notice the two scoops on top of the hood? (we need new eye candy Carl!) :clap

Carlenginebay5.jpg

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thunder down under

You're welcome any time Dick, we love our drag racing down here. :D

Here a couple more shots. The car went 11.97 @ just under 118mph with the factory inline 2x4 manifold.

Attachments

• cross ram 1forum.jpg
    cross ram 1forum.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 83
  • cross ram 2 forum.jpg
    cross ram 2 forum.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 73
  • cross ram 3 forum.jpg
    cross ram 3 forum.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 147
  • cross ram 4 forum.jpg
    cross ram 4 forum.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 76

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Carl

That's absolutely beautiful! (Both in-line and cross-ram).

Ron

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Are the headers 1 3/4" Tri Ys?

Fatride, the headers are Doug's Headers part # D309Y. They are Tri-Y 1 3/4"- 2" tube with 2 1/2" collector.
At our street meets I run a stainless steel block off plate. It's a turbo clamp fitting. At the meetings where noise isn't a concern I remove the plate and clamp on a cone extension. I can take some photos if you like?

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Fatride, the headers are Doug's Headers part # D309Y. They are Tri-Y 1 3/4"- 2" tube with 2 1/2" collector.
At our street meets I run a stainless steel block off plate. It's a turbo clamp fitting. At the meetings where noise isn't a concern I remove the plate and clamp on a cone extension. I can take some photos if you like?

Yes, I would like photos, especialy the cone extensions. I have Dougs Tri Ys also with 18" 3.5" stainless outer extensions for looks with 2.5" pipe inside of the stainless on mine. I was thinking if I kept the 2.5" diameter inner pipes it would scavange better. http://www.348-409.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7369&d=1181434534

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yes, I would like photos, especialy the cone extensions. I have Dougs Tri Ys also with 18" 3.5" stainless outer extensions for looks with 2.5" pipe inside of the stainless on mine. I was thinking if I kept the 2.5" diameter inner pipes it would scavange better. http://www.348-409.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7369&d=1181434534

Ray, I apologize for the delay, finally got a chance to snap some shots.

From the flang on the header to the end of the stainless T measures 5 1/2". The cone extension measures 8". This gives a total of 13 1/2" from the header flange to the tip of the cone. The cone tapers from 2 3/4"- 4".
I'm not sure about the scavange effect but from closed capes to open cones is approx 3-4 tenths and around 3-5mph depending on conditions. :)

Attachments

• Exhaust 1 forum.jpg
    Exhaust 1 forum.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Exhaust 2 forum.jpg
    Exhaust 2 forum.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Exhaust 3 forum.jpg
    Exhaust 3 forum.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Exhaust 4 forum.jpg
    Exhaust 4 forum.jpg