What was the stupidest thing you ever did racing?

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Her's another favorite saying , in your case,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, She wears the pant 's. Or did......:roll

Everyone who's been married or is married knows...... if mama ain't happy........ ain't nobody happy........ regardless if you want to admit it or not ...........she's had your balls and your man card in her purse since you said I do.........or till you said eventually......... I don't anymore

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
While showing off to my Buddy at the track , he asked me if he could ride in "Joint Venture "with me while I was testing my shift points.I told him sure as long he could get a helmet.He found one and while I was doing a burnout a few feet past the lights I backed up to the burnout box decided to do another burnout and Revvved the piss out of the engine popped the clutch and threw my friend into the steel dashboard ... I STILL HAD THE CAR IN REVERSE WHAT AN A$$ HOLE !!!!:brow:brow:doh:doh:appl:appl:cry:cry
:crazy:cheers

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
It always seem to be most every time I go it happens maybe I should write a book on what not to do.
Just last Sunday I wanted to short shift to second and I didn't :doh so I short shifted to high and do I mean short shift.
I have done the second gear launch more times than I count.
Red lit so bad the the guy at the ticket booth tells me I could have phoned that one in. :facepalm

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Consider yourselves lucky to be able to admit some short comings at the race track........ those are experiences I would enjoy making fun of myself over........ that is living..... or is the "high life"

bjburnout

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
.......1990......new rear engine dragster with a glide...:pop......first shake down run ....:rub
left the line on the foot brake....;)....took it to about 6000 and shifted........:D.......having always ran
stick cars (stock and C/MP) I automatically slammed my left foot down as tho I was working a clutch...:doh
well that is where the brake pedal was ......:confused......car jerked - jumped into neutral and just about red lined
the brand new 481 big block.......:bonk.......but everything turned out OK.......:pray

wristpin

Well Known Member
Dragbike was Harley Shovelhead with 14.25lbs removed from flywheels, 4spd reverse shift pattern. Street bike Harley Evo standard shift pattern. I'd shift both of them from 2nd into 3rd then 3rd into 2nd so many times it almost became normal.

mark johnson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
In my Drag Radial days (heads-up, Pro Tree), I let a fella burn me down after he lit both bulbs . . . . then backed out of the beams . . . TWICE. He knew I had him covered but played these games because it was his local track & the starter allowed him to get away with it. I actually won the round but that poor TH400 boiled over in the big end lights. That will never happen again . . .