whats it worth?

No409

Supporting Member 1
whats a 4 series posi carrier worth? got a guy interested in one that I have , don't want to give it away. $150?
thanks!

No409

Supporting Member 1
just carrier, got a couple of them, a bunch of empty p-cases, axles, housings, etc

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Okay for the Un I formed. What is 4 series and what would I need to make it a good posi for Ms Bela? Does it have the caps ?

Bill

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Bill, on the 4 series you can install 4.11, 4.56, etc. ring gears. On the 3 series, the gears starting with a 3, like 3.08, 3.36, 3.55 etc.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Ron, so does that mean i Couldn't put the 3.33 in the 4 series ?

Remember your dealing with the mechanically challenge d.

Bill

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Bill, Nobody who can do a complete suspension and brake job on a car is mechanically challenged. By the way,,, how is the Buick or was it an Olds? My memory is bad. Grandson driving?

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
It's a Buick,Ronnie.As to the carrier,Bill,if you want to use ,say a 4.11 or 4.56 gear on a posi unit that came with ,say,3.36's you'd need to either get a posi unit made for the 4 series gears,or you can get a spacer ring that goes between the ring gear and the three series posi unit.Personally ,I've had trouble with the spacers when using Drag Radials or slicks.As to Ms.Bella,since you like to drive her some significant distances,3.70 would be lowest I'd recommend. 4.11's suck on any kind of distance driving at 65-70 mph highway speeds with 25-26 inch tall street tires,as will your fuel mileage.

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Bill
Don is correct on putting 4 series gears on a 3 series posi unit. But you can't put 3.36 gears on a 4 series posi.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Ron,

The Buick has been on the road for more than a year and a half. Runs real good still needs some paint.

Bill