What's the value, if any?

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Before scraping the original internals from my 250hp 348, I thought I'd see if the have any value. I have:
The original crankshaft, no inspection has been done, but no gouging can bee seen.
Original pistols and rods.
Original cam shaft and lifters.
I was able to sell the original 1147 heads, but I have the valves and springs.
The original manifold.
The original valve covers.
The original water pump.

Let me know if any of these have enough value to ship or use.
Thanks!

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Crank-200-250.00 pistons-0,rods maybe 75.00-100. Cam and lifters-0,same for springs and valves .intake.125 possibly more if cleaned up and painted,the valve covers,maybe 150.00,if really cleaned up and dent free,even more is possible.If you doubt that.price new ones! water pump core ,75.00

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Which intake do you have? Cast iron or aluminum?

I ask since you noted the 1147 heads, if original to your engine, she had more than 250 horses.

Tripower (Triple Two) valve covers with the short wire looms are kinda hard to find in good shape. They're worth a lot more than the more common covers. Check yours.

I don't think there is great demand for 348 cranks, mainly due to the fact that 409 cranks are such an easy upgrade to the (stroked) 348.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Tom's right,most 348's with 1147 heads also had aluminum intakes and solid lifter cams.Look at the top of your pistons. If your pistons have a notch for intake valve clearance,you engine had considerably more than 250 hp.

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The intake is cast iron. The numbers on the manifold are:
H2558
GM2

At least I thought the heads we're 1147. However, they went to a member who is local'ish to me for mock up on his build.
When he is ready to sell them, I'm sure he'll start here.
If I sold them for too little, the buyer has earned a break on good small port heads!

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Measure the old valves.If the intakes are 1.94 in the seat area,and the exhausts are 1.67,you did not have 1147 heads.The intake is for a 250 horse 348.

Last edited:

Clint

Well Known Member
Nothing wrong with the 348. I was going to go the stroker route but when you have to change rods balance then roller cam if you are going that far. Where do you stop?