What's ur spin??

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
You and your company do this buying/selling for a living/business, if you don't mind me asking, how do you determine a cars value and what you're willing to pay for it?? What do you base the price on that you're willing to pay?? I know with me, it would be a personal purchase, therefore I might throw crazy money away, but with a business, it has to be just that, a business decision. Also, in your opinion, do you think that cars are getting more pricey or going down?? Just trying to learn a little something. Thanks, Carmine.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
"We have talked about going for fun. Kind of like SEMA, go for fun only"

BJ certainly meets that criteria, you will be over stimulated throughout the day, there is soooo much to see. The car coral is awesome, lots of displays and services, gets your blood boiling in a good way :). I spent a whole day, was so overwhelmed that one day was plenty!

TomK

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I quit going to BJ when they went Hollywood. It used to be a great auction where you could mingle with the Reggie Jacksons and Jay Leno types but after they started televising it, they keep the riff-raff separated from the celebs and the prices became wildly inflated. Now it's a social event where the rich come to out spend their friends to show how affluent they are. If it's shiney and the wife likes it they will bid to eternity. Next year they come back and try to sell it for what they paid for it which hardly ever happens. Now I just watch on TV and go to the more traditional auctions like Russo-Steele.