wheel size advice

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
MK IISS said:
Las ruedas grandes miran tremendo justo.

Sur de la frontera,
Abajo manera de Mexico.

Ay,ay,ay,ay,ay

Translation:

The large wheels look just tremendous .

South of the border, Down way of Mexico.

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
I have pictures somewhere of a nice 61 with 16" wheels. I thought it looked really nice. I don't think I would go over 16" though.

Fat_Man

Heres a pic of a 62 that was for sale on E-Bay not too long ago. It sits on 18's and 20's and I think it is a VERY nice looking car and I like the way the wheels look on that bodystyle too. So much so that I am planning the same setup for my 62 when money permits.

I will be the first to admit that those stupid looking cars with 26's and a 6 inch lift look stupid. VERY stupid. VERY VERY stupid.

BUT I don't think big wheels should be written off just because there are some really bad excessive examples out there.

Still, it all comes down to what is the personal preference of the owner. I know there are some folks out there who think it is a sin to deviate at all from stock, but it is all about who's name is on the title.

My general rule of thumb is that if you have to RAISE the car's suspension for the wheels to fit, then you are heading the wrong direction.

Attachments

• belair1.jpg
    belair1.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 57
  • belair2.jpg
    belair2.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 54
  • belair3.jpg
    belair3.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 44

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
wheels

Quote "Still, it all comes down to what is the personal preference of the owner. I know there are some folks out there who think it is a sin to deviate at all from stock, but it is all about who's name is on the title."

That is the KEY to the whole thing.

mugzy

Thanks for the feed back , I'm going to stick with a set of 15" Original American's and some BFG's

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
mugzy said:
Thanks for the feed back , I'm going to stick with a set of 15" Original American's and some BFG's
:cheers :clap :brow :clap :cheers

Attachments

• web mainpage crop.jpg
    web mainpage crop.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 50

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
That 62 actually looks bad *** with those wheels. That car is done right...5 spokes...just bigger ! If it is done with a balanced approach they actually look awsum...I think to look right they have to be set up exactly like that 62...those are the best looking big wheels I have seen. The other Dub junk looks like...Dub junk.

M

MK IISS

Pimp Ride

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'
Keep those pimp wheels movin'
Most people are disapprovin'
PIMPRIDE !

Don't try to understand 'em
Consider their source and brand 'em
Count 'em out, move 'em out
Move 'em out, count 'em out
PIMPRIDE !

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
MK IISS said:
Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'
Keep those pimp wheels movin'
Most people are disapprovin'
PIMPRIDE !

Don't try to understand 'em
Consider their source and brand 'em
Count 'em out, move 'em out
Move 'em out, count 'em out
PIMPRIDE !

:roll :roll :roll

You clack me up !!! you vyse guy !!:D

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
There have and always will be a group of idiots who like to modify their cars with no practical or performance gains. The HUGE WHEELS that are bigger than the car will allow without raising the vehicle is the most current trend of idiots. (Bling Bling).

How about the idiots that order the 13 or 14 inch wheels with virtually no back spacing where the rims are way outside the fender wells. (it isn't your average red blooded american driving these).

But there are some (old School) Idiots out there as well who have taken the GASSER thing way too far. There is Good Gasser cars that were modified for performance gains. And then there are the idiots who think straight axle gasser is a fashion statement and have built some awful examples.
See the pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_1029.jpg
    IMG_1029.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Andywagon.jpg
    Andywagon.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 50

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Note that neither of these is a CHEVY. No self respecting Chevyguy would do this. The first one looks like a MK 1 MOD 0 FURD Baby Buggy.:doh

bobs409

Administrator
How would you like to take one of them for a high speed ride. Say around 100 mph? :eek: :eek: :eek: :p

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
oldskydog said:
Note that neither of these is a CHEVY. No self respecting Chevyguy would do this. The first one looks like a MK 1 MOD 0 FURD Baby Buggy.:doh
Sorry to say, but yes there are some chevrolets that are just as kooky.

Attachments

• Andy55.jpg
    Andy55.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 40

droptop62

Supporting Member 1
bobs409 said:
How would you like to take one of them for a high speed ride. Say around 100 mph? :eek: :eek: :eek: :p

Hey Bob, I wouldn't want to take those for a 25mph ride around a clover leaf or curve of any sort.

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I agree the cars pictured look ridiculous, however I believe the 55 thru 57 gassers look good with a straight front axle. But not the 4-wheel drive look. Maybe 2 or 3 inches off of std. ride height. I do agree that driving a straight front axle on the street would not be fun. Just my opinion.