Wheels

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I always thought the "dog dish look" was sleepy but sinister :).

View attachment 50418

TomK
I agree Tom. The more I thought and looked at those dog dish hubcaps aka poverty caps, the more I like them. The wheels are done and I decided on not clear coating them. There will be enough shine there for me. Taking them and the tires to the tire store tomorrow and having the tires mounted with the ww on the inside. Should also be able to put them back on tomorrow with the hubcaps. When I do, I will post a pic, Carmine.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Back in the day a friend bought new ,ordered a 63 palomar red 2 dr biscayne poverty cap's and Blackwell tire's with 327 ,300 hp engine , 4 speed , posi. I had my new black 63 impala SS 327' 250 hp 4 speed . I asked him why he did not get a Impala , he said I wanted a little more on the power side than being fancy..... So when we was out cruising one night ,I raced him and beat him one car lenght,, he was pissed !!!:D

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Back in the day a friend bought new ,ordered a 63 palomar red 2 dr biscayne poverty cap's and Blackwell tire's with 327 ,300 hp engine , 4 speed , posi. I had my new black 63 impala SS 327' 250 hp 4 speed . I asked him why he did not get a Impala , he said I wanted a little more on the power side than being fancy..... So when we was out cruising one night ,I raced him and beat him one car lenght,, he was pissed !!!:D

Have to tell you Don, I never saw/felt much difference in my '64 327/250 vs. converting it to 327/300. I did everything except enlarge the exhaust by 1/4". For the expense and expectation, I wouldn't do it again, Carmine.

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I do like that look. Going to go get my tires and wheels right after this. Hope to put them back on the car and take a pic, Carmine.

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I know everyone always has there own opinion but I like the look of the poverty caps over the factory spinners. Good job Carmine I think they look good.

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
They look pretty good, Carmine.:appl The GREEN valve stem cap sets it off, even more.:clap

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Thanx Skip. I think that green cap means there is a certain type of air/gas that was used, Carmine.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Change them to black and keep the green ones in the glove box.
The wheels look great!!!