Where is the cowl tag on a 64?

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Went over to my friend's shop this weekend to see some of his new projects and look over my 64 SS over there. It is blue bluer interior. I was going to try and check the cowl tag for the exact colors but we could not find it, or even holes where it might have been. VIN is in the door jam. The guy I got the car had taken off everything off the firewall-MC, wiper motor, A/C heater box-all in the trunk. So maybe stashed under all that in a box. But again we couldn't even find holes for it-and between us both we've looked at a lot of car data tags(he has 30 cars and trucks right now there). It was a 283/2BBL PG SS with A/C and PS Heck the intake,carb and tining cover are in the trunk.

The site here has two blues but between the faded chart here and the original paint fading hard to tell what is supposed to be. Dash pad is blue and cracked bad but the rest of the interior is not too bad.

Also was the carpet on the kick panels? And carpet in 64-Impala rear seat.jpeg Impala Dash.jpeg Impala Door.jpeg loop not fluffy?

Anyone got a picture of where the plate is supposed to be? I've got a clean title so I know that part is OK.

Here is a picture from his cell phone on the interior rerar seat looks the closest to the real colorImpala rear seat.jpeg .

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
The cowl tag is on the passenger side in front of the air intake, about 5 inches ahead of the windshield wiper. Lift the hood, it is on horizontal surface, not the vertical firewall.

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
Thanks,Impala front.jpeg Impala side.jpeg we pulled the hood up(no hinges ) but did not notice it. Will look closer. Here are some of the car. It'll get the 600 HP '09 eventually.

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Here is one on my 64 parts car.

Attachments

• DSCF0044.JPG
    DSCF0044.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 25

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
I'll double check but if it is that obvious I think we would have seen it. I'll check for holes in case it was removed

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
He's at the shop now and found it! Thanks. Us both being mainly Pontiac guys we're used to it being on the driver's side:)

Although he just picked up a second '69 Z28.

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
More tag.My Impala tag.jpg
Had to pull up the rubber seal and squeeze in behind the hood with the phone since no hinges-why it was hard to see yesterday.