where to begin

6064ELNO

I have a 1960 Elcamino that I purchased in 2001, with a 348 & powerglide it was a daily driver that appeard in decent shape with the usual rear quarter rust around the wheel weel area. The friend I bought it from ( And yes he is still a good friend) also had parted out a second truck and I have the rear quarter panels to do the repair with. When I finaly parked it and started the tear down I dicovered the floor pan had major rust and huge holes that had been covered with street signs and then foam padding and carpet( now wonder it was so dafty and cold in the winter) I have taken care of some of the floor pan and removed the left side rear quarter, The wheel well area is totally gone and I have searched the local yards and most the vehicles I look at are in the same shape as mine. How do you go about rebuilding this area? I have no idea of what it should look like or what the dimentions are for repair work. I have all of the nessasary tools and the desire, just need the ideas.
This is a long term project and it may be several years in the making. Any help or sugestions would be welcome. Would a original shop manual be of any use?

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
6060ELNO, You might try http://www.elcaminostore.com/

Also there is a guy here in my town that has a 60 El Camino that owns a business called Hot Rod Alley. You may want to call him as he has a lot of information. He may be able to help. His # is 360-533-0392. Good luck Dan

6064ELNO

I got a Elcamino store catalog soon after I got the truck, they do have a lot of stuff for the 59/60 but not the area I am in need of for the rear quarter underpinnings.