Who has different year, make, model rear installed into their X frame?

Skip FIx

Well Known Member
My 78 Trans Am still has stock 28 spline 10 bolt axles and an Eaton posi 1.5s 60 fts 10.90s @ 124. Although 30 spline are in the future and what I put in the 81 Trans Am when the factory posi was worn out for it's future 455. There is a guy repoping the factory posi friction plates now.

4Eyedturd

Well Known Member
Yep, Don's correct, Ford 9" under the 60. Narrowed and all the fixtures scavenged from a 60 Chevy donor car rear. Mosier axles and a Detroit locker, 4:56 gear. I have the upper added control arm. All arms are stock units, boxed with poly bushings. I have upper control brackets modified to raise the height for instant center adjustment.

Do you have any photos of your upper control arm brackets by chance?

Shaark92

Well Known Member
IMG_1849.jpeg

Johns Industries Ford 9" positrac on my 61 Impala. Bolted right in ... had to shorten the tail shaft a few inches. RideTech suspension. The "muscle bar" wouldn't fit so I discarded THAT. It was for the OEM rear axle. Oh well. Will see what she does here in another month/so. Polly is currently at the interior shop.

IMG_0275.jpeg

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
View attachment 85447

Johns Industries Ford 9" positrac on my 61 Impala. Bolted right in ... had to shorten the tail shaft a few inches. RideTech suspension. The "muscle bar" wouldn't fit so I discarded THAT. It was for the OEM rear axle. Oh well. Will see what she does here in another month/so. Polly is currently at the interior shop.

View attachment 85448
If you plan on going to the track with this you best reinforce your upper and lower control arms supports!!