Who is the go to Z-11 expert on this site?

409Kid

Well Known Member
I need to have an in depth private conversation with the resident Z-11 expert. Can that person please PM me at their earliest convenience. I would like to end up talking directly on the phone and it won’t be a short conversation.

Thanks in Advance.

409Kid

Well Known Member
I’m surprised I haven’t had a response to the OP so let me try this another way. . Can someone tell me who I can contact on this site regarding current market values on specific parts? I need to have a discreet conversation offline for the moment and time is critical. I’m not selling and I’m not buying at the moment and that’s all I can say for now.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
There are several groups of parts for sale and a few that aren't for sale but could be had. Many of us know where some things are and what people are asking and have given. #1. What are you willing to spend? #2. What condition is any given part in? #3. known history (preferably race/driver history)? I'm really only looking for the Vincent Fiala "Bad News" car, parts or information so if you happen across any information on it then hit me up. Vincent and his wife still live in the same house they did back in 1963 and I'm heading up to visit them again next week. My 5 and 6 year old want to see his train set and I want to show him more things I have found on his car. Good luck, I'm not an expert but a few wise men on here have told me "when the Z11 parts come to light you better be ready to throw your money down right there." Never be afraid to ask some of your old friends on here if they will help you. Most of us are crazy for wanting to build, run and race 348-409 engines. Z11 427 parts are whole different level crazy. LOL! Build with a purpose and goal while having fun, otherwise its just not worth it at any price.

409Kid

Well Known Member
Sorry I have no information regarding the BAD NEWS car you’re inquiring about. I wish I did as I know every little nugget if information helps to fill in the gaps and aid in discovery. I’ve been trying to research another car and I’m hitting a brick wall. No information exists on the internet that I’ve been able to find thus far. Not even pictures. At the moment I’m trying to just get some facts straight in my head. I’ve been in contact with several forum members at this point getting the information I’m in need of so that I’m better informed. More to follow…

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Sorry I have no information regarding the BAD NEWS car you’re inquiring about. I wish I did as I know every little nugget if information helps to fill in the gaps and aid in discovery. I’ve been trying to research another car and I’m hitting a brick wall. No information exists on the internet that I’ve been able to find thus far. Not even pictures. At the moment I’m trying to just get some facts straight in my head. I’ve been in contact with several forum members at this point getting the information I’m in need of so that I’m better informed. More to follow…
There are many cars missing in action. There aren't very many drivers/owners of the cars still around so getting first hand knowledge will only get increasingly more difficult. I'm lucky I have Vincent still around to bounce information off of but his wife remembers many details even better then Vincent himself.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
There are many cars missing in action. There aren't very many drivers/owners of the cars still around so getting first hand knowledge will only get increasingly more difficult. I'm lucky I have Vincent still around to bounce information off of but his wife remembers many details even better then Vincent himself.
Ask Vincent if he has any relatives in Chicago or CA?

409Kid

Well Known Member
So I’m a little confused. On the Z11 trivia quiz the first question asks how many built. Answer 57. Yet the list above shows 50 and I’ve been told 50 by Pat. So is it 50 or 57? And why the discrepancy? Ever since I can remember going back 50 yrs I always heard that the number was 57…