Why did the casting numbers page change on the forum?

62 Bel Air Mike

For a few years now, I have been using 348-409.com to look up casting numbers for my 409 parts search, and this morning I see that it has been modified extensively, removing much of the information. Are there plans to put it back? I really liked the water pump casting number listings and details on usage for the full list of them. Looks like all that was removed, plus, you can't just browse by category anymore, but rather you have to search a given part number, which is not nearly as useful. Please consider putting the page back on the forum as it was.

bobs409

Administrator
No changes have been made for a long time in that area. The water pumps are not on the casting page, they are here on part numbers: http://www.348-409.com/part.html

The casting code page was changed many years ago and I do plan on improving that sometime. Will be going back to a chart style.

62 Bel Air Mike

Thank you, and my apologies. Something about the web site looked different this am, and I couldn't find it to save my life. I thought that I had always found this info under the casting numbers, which the numbers on the water pump housings technically are. This web site is incredibly useful.