Why Do We Do This....part 2????

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Wanted .........good doctor to help cure my addiction to old cars.....need to know when to say no!!!!!

Got another today.......................:dunno:dunno:scratch:scratch:bang:bang

283 3-speed and lots of Missouri rust!!!!

Whadaya think Roger..........did I do good or should I just quit while I'm ahead!???!!!! Or at least...I think I'm ahead!!!!

Attachments

• 63impala1.jpg
    63impala1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 63impala2.jpg
    63impala2.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 63impala3.jpg
    63impala3.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 63impala4.jpg
    63impala4.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 108

CHEV601234

Well Known Member
Wanted .........good doctor to help cure my addiction to old cars.....need to know when to say no!!!!!

Got another today.......................:dunno:dunno:scratch:scratch:bang:bang

283 3-speed and lots of Missouri rust!!!!

Whadaya think Roger..........did I do good or should I just quit while I'm ahead!???!!!! Or at least...I think I'm ahead!!!!

for $$$$$$$$$$$???

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Phil, Hope you didn't give a lot. I don't think the rear view mirror that is in the trunk is OEM. As far as the cars condition..... It'll buff out. You got a great deal !! :beerbang

roger gunter

Supporting Member 1
Phil

take two sticks of dynomite and place under the front and rear of car:scratch

say three hail marrys:bow:bow:bow

call me in the morning:roll:roll:roll:roll

:cheers
roger

SonOfThomp

Well Known Member
Why I Do This

Born in 1959, and grew up looking out the windows of my dad's Fords and wishing they were Chevrolets! I was actually AFRAID of the rear end of the '59 Chevy, called it "Naughty Blinking Lights".

Seriously, how deadly DULL (admittedly technologically far superior) today's cars are, compared to the dizzying array of new models that Detroit churned out in Back In The Day!

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Phil,
I think we share the same affliction for acquiring stuff....with one big distinction. At least you sell things.
I have been having a serious discussion with myself lately since I realized that I can't do what I would like to anymore. I'll never finish all the projects so I plan to seriously start liquidating everything except my 58 and 63 Corvette projects and maybe one more....either the 61 Impala 2dr flattop or 55 B/A 2 dr HT (with 409 of course). It's 110 today so I'm ready to lock down for the summer.....maybe I'll get started next fall.:coffee:
That 63 doesn't look that bad..At least it fits in with the rest of your collection.
Hmmmmm....:scratch..I just happen to have a newly built 63 409 sittiing on a stand :doh
:nono1:What am I thinking? Someone stop me before I "acquire" again.:eek::bang

bobs409

Administrator
I hope the car will be saved, it doesn't look that bad. These are not a renewable resource and we need to rescue any we can. One day, cars in this condition (or worse) will look like a treasure! Remember when $3.00 a gallon looked bad? Now, we'd be happy to pay that!

If you love Chevy's as much as I, you'll do the right thing Phil. C'mon, I know you can do it! :D

Bob

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
If you love Chevy's as much as I, you'll do the right thing Phil. C'mon, I know you can do it! :D

Bob

I will Bob...........the very first part off this car is going to a friend who is restoring a Z-11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you imagine that after seeing these pictures!!!!

But seriously...........this thing is a total rust bucket!! You can look up at the bottom of the rear of the decklid and see the clouds and sunshine!!:eek::eek: There are a lot of little parts that can be saved but the car as a whole has definately seen it's better day!!

Now Cecil.................just say the word and I'll stop and load the trailer and head to Phoenix!!!! I'll just trade you for 58 Corvette!!!!!:roll:roll

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I'm thinking about it Phil, but you would have to throw in a few extras......like your shop and its contents, your house...ummmm, I guess that would do it.:deal
:D
:roll

oldimpala

Well Known Member
I
But seriously...........this thing is a total rust bucket!! You can look up at the bottom of the rear of the decklid and see the clouds and sunshine!!:eek::eek: There are a lot of little parts that can be saved but the car as a whole has definately seen it's better day!!

Maybe I've spent too long in New York looking at old iron... But, heck, I've seen, worked on, and personally put back together stuff far worse than that.

The frame in one piece? It's go time in NY if it is... :)

Honestly, tho... The fenders look like the need the dog legs, but are moderately OK, the Quarters look OK. Needs rockers, and, ahem, the doors re-attached, but... Other than that she's a driver, baby! ;) The exterior sheetmetal doesn't actually look THAT bad.

Maybe I should move somewhere where they don't lust after road salt, huh?

-Andy

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I

Maybe I've spent too long in New York looking at old iron... But, heck, I've seen, worked on, and personally put back together stuff far worse than that.

The frame in one piece? It's go time in NY if it is... :)

Honestly, tho... The fenders look like the need the dog legs, but are moderately OK, the Quarters look OK. Needs rockers, and, ahem, the doors re-attached, but... Other than that she's a driver, baby! ;) The exterior sheetmetal doesn't actually look THAT bad.

Maybe I should move somewhere where they don't lust after road salt, huh?

-Andy

:roll:roll BOY,, you east coast guys REALLY have a different view on what a restorable car is !!:roll

THAT rust bucket would have been shreadded years ago out west .

Ask Don D about what you see parked out here,,:brow

bobs409

Administrator
You non east coast guys are spoiled! :D One day not too far from now, you'll look back and wish you could find cars like that one. :deal

It takes a real man to fix up an east coast car. :stooges

Bob

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
You non east coast guys are spoiled! :D One day not too far from now, you'll look back and wish you could find cars like that one. :deal

It takes a real man to fix up an east coast car. :stooges

Bob

Tell em Bob. Us guys, up here, in the RUST belt, have learned, how to replace and work rusted metal. I'm not bragging. Just a fact. Skip:)