Why is it true?

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Unfortunately I see many people mostly young but some old ignoring the anthem. If they would just stop and think how unique this country is and what it takes to keep them safe from people that want to do them harm, that is what the anthem is about. Think about this, you could have been born in a Middle Eastern country where men are men and sheep are nervous!

Topstrap

Well Known Member
Was walking thru the swap meet area last summer at the Street Rod Nationals in Louisville early Saturday morning and when they played the National Anthem everyone stopped, removed their hats, turned to face the distant flag, put their right hand over their heart and was total silence.

I paid attention this year and looked around a bit more than other years and I didn't see anyone not paying respect. It gives you shivers to be amongst others like that. I've seen this with car and gun people I hang out with, seeing Les and less of this in today's society.

Topstrap

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
[My boy at 10 knew what it meant. He would remove his hat and stand silent while it played. I hope he has that amount of respect his entire life.[/QUOTE]

That is what happens when you have parents who care about their kids, have morals and values, and instill them into their young. You sir, are the reason for that. Take a bow, because you must be doing the right things.

Jeff