Wildfire 62 Impala is for sale, I would like info on this car.

1957Gasser

I saw Wildfire a 62 NSS car for sale on Facebook earlier today, I contacted the Owner and ask him some questions, does anyone know a lot about this car, he told me I needed to research it and find out its history, I have looked through google and mostly there are video's and a couple of articles on it but not a lot of nuts and bolts stuff.

I am more interest in build info, like chassis stuff, who built the car, is there a build thread on it somewhere, does it have a certified cage, how fast has it been and that kind of stuff. Any help would be great, thanks in advance.

Kevin

1957Gasser

I talked to him through messenger today. No disrespect to him, he is up on the cars history and stuff. I am more interested in the nut and bolt part of the car. The build of it. I know it has a Dana rear diff, the tire size, engine. I am more interested in chassis mods, brakes cage, weight, what is fiberglass, what is steel, clutch, bell housing. The general info of the racing equipment.

1957Gasser

Don't you think the owner should know that
I have bought several race cars and you would be surprised what is unknown about them. Not saying this in a bad way. I doesn’t matter to some people as long as they can race it. I am looking to race it in a class with strick rules it may have been modified to much already for me to consider it.

Last edited:

1957Gasser

Thanks for the pictures, lots of history there, just not much info on the car and its construction. He reach out to me this morning, I should have a chance to call him direct this afternoon.

Thanks fo the info.

1957Gasser

Well I miss understood the pm message I received. Turns out it was someone else. He knew a little about Wildfire, informed me it was back halved car. This will not work for me I need a stock chassis. He was able to help me with what I was looking for. Thanks for all the help.

dynoray

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
hey,if you are looking for a really nice 62 Impala SS 409 stick drag car i know of one that may be for sale. not tubbed. stock frame etc. i think there may be pictures on here. it was owned by a good friend of mine George Reynolds. i helped him build the car and now Tim Powell from Pa owns it.