Wilson Header Mfg.

Mark Wilson

Well Known Member
James, I am looking at your photos and am assuming that is the port 3 primary that is rubbing on the inside of the frame or the K member where it transitions to the frame rail. Am I correct? I was really hoping for some pictures of where the tubes pass directly under the bottom of the frame rails.
View attachment 56834
View attachment 56836
View attachment 56837
There is about .025 clearance from the frame to the tube. It has a small rub mark where it has touched when engine rocks......an man does it !!!ROCK!!!:guitar

Last edited:

Mark Wilson

Well Known Member
Thank you, that is perfect. I have a customer that wants to try a set on a convertible frame and clearance in that a major concern

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
mark, do you make smaller diameter tubes for heavy street cars...I've got a '59 el camino with the 605 steering box and am looking into the exhaust components now...thanks

Wilson1

Well Known Member
Mark - I would be a player for a set of the 1.875 tube headers for sure - My question is do you have a phone number? I found a number on the web, but when I called it was disconnected... I am sure I picked up a wrong number.... I mean if it is on the net it must be true, Right? LOL...

Mark Wilson

Well Known Member
I have 4 sets of 2.00 headers ready to ship.

I have 2 sets that are of the first revision. One is the very set test fit on Pat's car and is the set that is in all the photo's I posted of Pat"s car. The second is identical. $400.00 each set plus shipping.

Third set is second revision and only thing different is that the side out on the collectors was moved further outboard. $500.00 set plus shipping.

Fourth set is our third and hopefully last revision. This set is identical to revision 2 with the exception that we lowered the drivers side collector at the flange end for better clearance. This set I would like to go to someone who can test fit header to a convertible framed car and give me rapid feedback with photos. Headers have fit very well on all cars they have been tried on so far, but I have yet to get any feedback from convertible owners. I have sent two sets out to convertible owners, but they are not ready to install engines for sometime and I want to finalize the changes that I have made. $500.00 plus shipping.

Once I have this design finalized I can build some 1.875" primary headers for those of you that requested them in the original size.

Lastly I would like to thank everyone that has taken the time to provide feedback. It has been invaluable.

Mark

All headers are sold. We will be making another run of these in a coupe of weeks.

Last edited: