winchester 1876 59/90 caliber

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Looking at a Uberti 1876 in the 50/90 caliber. Does anyone have any advise or input on this caliber or rifle. I bought an 1886 winchester in 45/70 last year and it is getting lonely. WTF is wrong with me! I need another gun like I need another impala, but what the he!!. Anybody here have one and can give me some input? Brian

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I would think you'll run out of ammo pretty quick in the coming revolution with that caliber.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I would think you'll run out of ammo pretty quick in the coming revolution with that caliber.
I agree with Cecil on that one but very interesting rifle anyway. Be sure to post photos of your black and blue shoulder after a day of shooting. Are you gonna load your own?
robert

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Oops, 50/95 caliber. Yes, I would reload. Kinda spendy to shoot. I have some max load 45/70 for the 86 I will be trying out. I will post a picture of my shoulder if you like. Last time it wasn't pretty.

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I have a 450 Marlin, very similar to 45/70, great gun, fun to shoot, kicks like a mule, sorry but no knowledge on 50/95:dunno

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
The 444 Marlin is also a good shooter. I love big nasty lever actions that kill in both directions!:cool:

Keeepinsane

Looking at a Uberti 1876 in the 50/90 caliber. Does anyone have any advise or input on this caliber or rifle. I bought an 1886 winchester in 45/70 last year and it is getting lonely. WTF is wrong with me! I need another gun like I need another impala, but what the he!!. Anybody here have one and can give me some input? Brian

I have one and would be very interested in selling it.

Keeepinsane

Have you shot it? How is the accuracy and fit & finish?

I have not shot it. I have read about it shooting 4 inch groups at 100 yds. It is brand new in the box It retails for 1599.00 I will let it go for 1300.00 if you are interested. let me know my phone number is 260-410-2341 My name is Will