Wind storm

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
We had some wind on Monday and did some damage around the area. I was at work and it blew of one of the new air ducts for the AC, leaving a 4 foot square sky light. Unfortunately, it also let it rain right on top of where the guys were building 4L60E's. The power was out anyway so we sent everyone home. It blew a truck and trailer on its side in the Love's parking lot and another one over on 63 highway.
When I got home, it took a couple of hours with a chainsaw and front end loader to get up the driveway. My favorite big white oak and another huge red oak were across it at the mailbox and 2 large blackjacks were across at the upper end. The smallest of these trees was 24". We also lost the 60' tall hickory in the front yard and the state champion Downy Service Berry tree. Deb rode around on the golf cart the next day and saw 56 trees down within sight of the house. We haven't been to the back side but there's probably close to 100 down altogether. With all that, it didn't get the house or any of the garages. A basement window was blown out and one old sheet of fiberglass skylight blew off the old garage.

drc409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
We had some wind on Monday and did some damage around the area. I was at work and it blew of one of the new air ducts for the AC, leaving a 4 foot square sky light. Unfortunately, it also let it rain right on top of where the guys were building 4L60E's. The power was out anyway so we sent everyone home. It blew a truck and trailer on its side in the Love's parking lot and another one over on 63 highway.
When I got home, it took a couple of hours with a chainsaw and front end loader to get up the driveway. My favorite big white oak and another huge red oak were across it at the mailbox and 2 large blackjacks were across at the upper end. The smallest of these trees was 24". We also lost the 60' tall hickory in the front yard and the state champion Downy Service Berry tree. Deb rode around on the golf cart the next day and saw 56 trees down within sight of the house. We haven't been to the back side but there's probably close to 100 down altogether. With all that, it didn't get the house or any of the garages. A basement window was blown out and one old sheet of fiberglass skylight blew off the old garage.
Mearl, so sorry about the loss of your trees; I’m sure they were majestic. When I lived in MO, my wife would go on weeklong trail rides in Eminence; pretty country.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
We had some wind up North of you here in mid-MO but nothing like that!

Sorry for your multiple losses. I'm planting a few dozen pines and spruces today but that won't come close to making up for your losses :(.

Stay safe! TomK

Mearl

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Mearl, so sorry about the loss of your trees; I’m sure they were majestic. When I lived in MO, my wife would go on weeklong trail rides in Eminence; pretty country.
Eminence is the county seat, 11 miles away. My son-in-laws granddad owns the Cross Country trail rides, Jim Smith.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Sorry to hear of your damage Mearl. Unfortunately in our lifetime, trees like that can not be replaced. We lost a couple mature Hackberrys in our back yard many years ago at our other house.