Wiper Motor - anyone seen or used this?

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
That still seems pricey to me. There was a guy at the Jefferson swap that had a whole trailer full of rebuilt wiper motors. Painted, bagged n tagged. Real nice. Prices were like $60-145 if I remember right. I rebuilt my single speed wiper motor myself. Not much too it honestly.

bobs409

Administrator
Yikes! Out of my budget. :p

Jason, where did you find parts to rebuild a wiper motor? I've rebuilt almost everything else, might like to try one. :D

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Mine just simply didn't work. I took everything apart, cleaned and regreased everything and reassembled. Works great. The wax inside the units turns to a hard waxy substance and prevents the gears from turning. Clean all that out and fill with new thick grease and good to go

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have noticed that as I have gotten older, I would rather drive my cars than work on them, although it seems to be changing back since I picked up this car. I did however have my 2sp wiper motor rebuilt/restored, at a cost of $245 right when I got it. Looked great, works ok. Next time I build it myself. I believe like yellow wagon that there is not much too it. Some electrical connections, a nylon gear and some lube, as long as the motor at least works.