Wireless warfare

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have heard about the physical possibilities of not only cell phones, also magnetic fields as I was a lineman. Seems we cannot get a straight answer on the actual effects, at least no one with any real authority wants to say yes or no. However, one thing mentioned in this video seems to be insanely obvious. That is phones and pc time is has obviously nothing to do with "real " socialization. On the contrary, it is the exact opposite. While using them minimally can be great, people who sit mostly behind their phones and computers really have no meaningful relationships. You have to get out and actually "be" with people. Kinda like people who say I have X number of friends on Facebook or what ever one they are using. Really? This site is the only one I spend any time on. I don't belong to Facebook, twitter or anything else. It's not that I don't know of them, I purposely avoid them. And no, no foil hat here. Just don't feel the need to live my life on these type of things. I do enjoy my screen time here though.

Well Known Member
I have heard about the physical possibilities of not only cell phones, also magnetic fields as I was a lineman. Seems we cannot get a straight answer on the actual effects, at least no one with any real authority wants to say yes or no. However, one thing mentioned in this video seems to be insanely obvious. That is phones and pc time is has obviously nothing to do with "real " socialization. On the contrary, it is the exact opposite. While using them minimally can be great, people who sit mostly behind their phones and computers really have no meaningful relationships. You have to get out and actually "be" with people. Kinda like people who say I have X number of friends on Facebook or what ever one they are using. Really? This site is the only one I spend any time on. I don't belong to Facebook, twitter or anything else. It's not that I don't know of them, I purposely avoid them. And no, no foil hat here. Just don't feel the need to live my life on these type of things. I do enjoy my screen time here though.
I’m on Facebook and I do use it but in moderation, I’ve made many 409 Friends on Facebook and closed groups that are specific to these legendary cars and engines that we love .
If used properly you can connect with people that have the same passion.
We will never get a straight answer, long-term affects is unknown at this point of time .

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I find more info about family on Facebook then at family Gathering such as Christmas & Easter and so on.
But I’m finding that some members are switching to different sites, so my info base may be limited once again.

Dave

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
:teeheeEverything, is Kool, Dr. James.:clapHow about, we talk about this F*@&ing COLD weather.:doh 7* with 19mph winds. My driveway, has foot high drifts, and I can't get the car out. :bang Can't, get the Snowblower out, till I shovel:confused :eek1

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
My prescription for you skip is to:
1.Turn your thermostat up
2. Get one of your favorite drinks
3. Go to the chicks tab on this forum, and start at page one.

If that fails relieve your symptoms, go to Facebook and make some friends :D I think your lack of socialization is depressing you. Just 3 more likes or friends will not only melt the snow in front of your home, it will melt away all those harsh feelings. :crazy

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
OK, Dr. Jeff:dunno I feel better, already. :okI went out last night, at 1:30 AM and shoveled, for an hour. :doh It was -4* :eek1 At least, I can get the car out.:clap Rumor has it, tomorrow may be in the 30's. A Fargon Heat Wave.:dance

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
3. Go to the chicks tab on this forum, and start at page one.

He might wanna skip that Cowboys Cheerleader picture I posted in the thread.......