Wiring

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I worked on my truck today sorting out the wiring. I am sure the 3 Stooges left the movie business and wired my truck. I found a piece of 1/4 copper tubing used for a fuse, a piece of zip cord running back for the brake lights and the wires were cut and respiced several times for no apparent reason. I've got everything working right but it really needs to be jerked out and redone. People must treat trucks differently, I've never run into a car as bad as this.:p Roy

bobs409

Administrator
I've been there Roy. I think your right about the truck thing. It must be because a person may have kept their truck longer so the owner patched it up regularly to keep it going. :D (just a guess) A good truck is like an old pair of blue jeans ya know. ;)

I've seen some strange things on cars too though. Sometime we'll have to start a thread on that. :p

I must admit, correcting these boo-boo's is what I like best about working on old cars/trucks. Un-doing the previous owners handy work and knowing you brought it back from "redneck" land makes me feel good. It can be a challenge sometimes.

Keep on,

Bob