Wonder what I was thinking?

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Friend had this for sale for $400.00 last night. I said, I'll give you $125. He said, where's your truck. Only a couple of years use but his driver had a heavy load and pulled a trailer in OD and now it slips in 4th. It's a good wrench replacement on a 1991 one ton. He said the original ran over 20 years and finally replaced it couple of years ago. Let one of his drivers use it to move and burned it up. Early model but GM updated to the newer internals for that case. I'm hoping some clutches and a TransGo HD reprogram will fix it up.

4L80-1.jpg4L80-2.jpg4L80-3.jpg

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Easy fix. Good core price. When I purchased my last Chevy truck new, I read the owners manual. That thing says you can tow in overdrive. ?????? Really? Go ahead, you better have a light load, flat ground, and a good warranty. I wanted to do it just to burn it up. That way I could go in and say GM said this was ok.

nana1962409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I would contact Jakes performance in Texas all he does is 4l80e transmissions. I went through him for a rebuild kit I used in a 4l80 I rebuilt. He doesn’t use the transgo reprogram kit but gives you the instructions to do the same thing internally without having to spend the money on a kit and it worked well for me. I will see if I can find my instructions again if your interested.