Woodgrain steering wheel

63409impala

Well Known Member
I don't have ps either. But I like having tilt. Oh well. Guess I'll just get a new 63 wheel and hardware. Keep it simple

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I didn't mean to rain on your parade but I'd hate to see someone put the effort into finding the wheel and hub and then be disappointed when it didn't match up.

I never thought about a 63 corvette hub. I have no idea what that measurement is. Anyone have one to measure?

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Just a 300 hp 327 Dave. $1000 run straight off the trailer. Got a nice patch of road by you?

In the 60's the quarter was marked out right in front of the house I just left last year. Only a mile away now. 50 years ago I stood my Harley straight up and damned near went over backwards there. Being tall comes in handy for something besides bumping your head on things.

You need a vacuum gauge to get good milage Dan......:winner

Last edited:

63409impala

Well Known Member
Well as far as I was taught, solid lifter engines had a higher idle to keep everything well lubricated.factory spec on a little 375hp 327 was 1000 I believe. I could be wrong though. So has anyone else figured out the steering wheel debacle I originally posted about?

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
My column by the hub measures about 3 15/16. If yours does too then there should be no problem.