Would you still come this year to the Rock N Race if I can't get the two step rule amended

Rock N Race who would still come if they will not allow 2 STEPS??

• Yes you will come

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No you won't come

Votes: 9 56.3%

• Total voters

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I will be talking with Don Moyer tomorrow about the two step rule that's been put in place. I will give him my pitch and see what he has to say. For now would like to know who would still come this year if he doesn't budge so I can let him know.

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
I don't believe I would come. That's a great distance for me to travel & try to adjust my racing technique. Since we will only be racing against our group it really shouldn't matter to them(if we all agree 2 steps are ok) & will have no effect on the other racers & classes. My 2 cents.

Joel

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Be sure and vote at top of the page, after you check the box you choose hit cast vote on the right. I say that because I didn't see it at first

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
Maybe appeal to Don the fact that the 409’s run as a group separate from the others………But then the manual shift guys would probably end up losing out on some of the racing (i.e…..gamblers) If he were to allow it only for the 409 group……????……Just thinking out loud in print……:D……But I can also see that anyone else could argue their builds are expensive too…!

Not that it matters, because I wouldn’t be participating with a car anyways…. but if there were another venue like Thompson or something to come up where all the guys more of the guys could end up being there…. that’s what I would choose…..It is a really cool weekend

Last edited:

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
This is an anonymous vote, so nobody not even me can see your vote. I'm ok with it either way, but with that said I'll be going with our majority as having our whole group ( family) together is the most important part of it.
I just wanna say Bryan, last year was my first year attending…. and I really appreciated all of the effort that you put in to organizing such a great event (for family) and I know it’s out of your control …… but I just want to apologize that you have to go through all the extra hassle to try to smooth things out to make it all work…… and just to let you know I appreciate your efforts …….thank you Bryan

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Last years entry form stated No 2steps/ electrnics/ nitrous/ except bracket class! I really don’t see how they can police it anyway! My 2 step doesn’t bang and pop like the old ones did! Yeah you can bet your ass I’m coming and I’m gonna run my car my way! But No delay box ;)

Steve "wully bully"

Supporting Member 1
I like Barry's opinion. I agree, probably no one has any idea what cars have them, unless they are set really low like 2500 or something. I have mine set at 5400 almost all the time. Below that, the car bogs and stumbles when I let the clutch out. Above that, it blows the tires off at most places. Every once in a while, I get lucky somewhere, and I can turn it up and the track holds it, but that is rare. In Carl's car, he had it set to 5000 last year when Philip was driving. Turned it down to 4800 for one pass, the car climbed the ring gear so bad we thought the rear bumper was going to hit. Looks great in pictures, but not good for the car. That is the problem we will have without a 2 step. We have no idea what rpm we will launch at, so it may launch great and put on a show, it may launch too high and be unsafe, it may fall on its face and look like a turd. We come to have fun, be with friends and extended family, but also to put on a show. Not much of a show if the car blows the tires off or falls on its face. Good luck with the conversation Bryan. We truly appreciate your effort in this. Hate to dump it on you!

BRYAN FUGATE

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Just got off the phone with Don Moyer, as of right now 2 steps are not permitted. If somebody is standing at the line and hear it you can be disqualified, chances of that are slim I think but it's a long drive for some to come and chance that. I will probably go regardless, but I will be in touch with Norwalk ASAP about the Blue Suede Cruise. Still haven't got a chance to talk with the new owners of Thompson yet but they are making a bunch of improvements to that track as we speak. I will be working on Norwalk and Thompson and let you guys know as soon as I do.