Wtb distributor 409

63impalass409

Supporting Member 1
Anybody got a serviceable 1023 or a 1085 distributor that has the tag and is stock. I know 1 is a 63 64 65 unit and 1 is high performance 65 as I need both. Reply with price not phone number to call you. Thanks in advance

wristpin

Well Known Member
If anybody would like to take measurements for a 409 distributor which would be accurate enough for a machinist to use to turn down aluminum billet in a lathe feel free to pm me.

wristpin

Well Known Member
I was thinking about making basically a stem with a top that could utilize the top aluminum portion of any other upper distributor portion with a little work.

63impalass409

Supporting Member 1
Ugh I was hoping you had the one I was looking for but what do you want for the 930 as I'm also working on a couple 348's that are both missing the distributors but I found a 948 the other day so I bought that so still need one more for the other 348? Thanks, Chris

heddrik

Well Known Member
If anybody would like to take measurements for a 409 distributor which would be accurate enough for a machinist to use to turn down aluminum billet in a lathe feel free to pm me.
Just read your post wristpin, I have 2 409 distributors that Barry sold me. I can make measurements in a day or two once I get to them. I have thought of doing the same thing for oil start up. Not sure if aluminum is stout enough?? Mild steel should be ok I would think. I was a machinist foe 30 years.

wristpin

Well Known Member
Just read your post wristpin, I have 2 409 distributors that Barry sold me. I can make measurements in a day or two once I get to them. I have thought of doing the same thing for oil start up. Not sure if aluminum is stout enough?? Mild steel should be ok I would think. I was a machinist foe 30 years.
Thank you Heddrik. PM me and tell me about your thoughts on a steel dist for oil start up.

heddrik

Well Known Member
I have some of the measurements wristpin, been a super tough time for me personally. Sorry but I will get back to you when stuff settles down, hopefully not too long.