WTB-Water Pump Core...

CORVAIRWILD

Well Known Member
I've got 3 409 cars, and my '62 BelAir needs a water pump. The one on now is an aftermarket "jobber". A friend of mine is in the rebuilding business, but he scrapped all of his, whadashame... He did find and rebuild an aftermarket pump, with USA parts, so it will last, unlike the China junk...

So, I'd like to put something on more authentic, but I'm not interested in paying "date code" prices. I'm in no rush, the season is almost over...

Thoughts... 0831192359.jpg

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Here's what I have "A", interested let me know....
Make an offer dont forget shipping from Central Missouri 65202.
Spins free no leak stains excellent core it's flat on the surfaces
You know all Canadian part numbers have an " a " at the end of them. LOL when I went to Ohio for Hobart training we used to have Canadians down all the time and someone actually made a copy other parts manual and put an a next to all the part numbers. I had a good sense of humor and thought it was pretty funny. I'm probably not going to use this so make me an offer in the freight and I'm sure it would be yours.

Attachments

• 20190904_151117.jpg
    20190904_151117.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 20190904_151133.jpg
    20190904_151133.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 20190904_151149.jpg
    20190904_151149.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
That's what the date code shows, I don't know that there's any difference because when you look up the part number for a 348 or a 409 it's the same part number. As far as I know it will work fine and I'm sure that somebody can confirm it on this website. The date code is February 4th of 1958, not sure if there was a change with a 409. But like I said if you look up a new pump the part number is the same for both.
I talked to Phil " :wacko " and he told me to tell you that they were really different, but really he's just yanking on your chain. They are exactly the same other than the casting numbers.

Last edited:

CORVAIRWILD

Well Known Member
Ok, I'm not in a panic, exploring my options. My '63 Biscayne overheats as soon as it hits traffic. It has a strong electric fan that is always on. My '62 BelAir isn't much better.

CORVAIRWILD

Well Known Member
Hi folks, I've been laying low since completely overextending myself by buying 3x409 Chevys. But I'm slowly getting back to abnormal.

I'm still behind on my property taxes and income tax, and amazingly the 409s don't seem to make any money while they're sleeping, or any time for that matter. And now my insurance bill just came due. Over $3,000 to ensure my 20-odd classic cars...

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Hi folks, I've been laying low since completely overextending myself by buying 3x409 Chevys. But I'm slowly getting back to abnormal.

I'm still behind on my property taxes and income tax, and amazingly the 409s don't seem to make any money while they're sleeping, or any time for that matter. And now my insurance bill just came due. Over $3,000 to ensure my 20-odd classic cars...
:bore2

Tooth

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3

I use Hagerty, $425 a year includes comprehensive and collision with no deductible. Value of $25,000 on each vehicle. Also have road hazard on them so if they break down they will come and get them with a flatbed not put them on the hook of a wrecker. Just saying!