Yeah......no prep

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
It's no secret I have NO use for no prep racing. I think the teams and promoters are all out of their minds to race this way. This was taken at Edgewater Raceway Park near Cincinnati (Fred's home track BTW). I always liked racing at Edgewater. They decided to pave the entire track with concrete and then decided to race on it before it was prepped in any way what so ever. Stupid!

The wreck of the "Dirty Thirty" and a Fox body Mustang is at about 7:40. Both drivers survived. One had burn on his hands. If you want to watch all the chaos start at the beginning.

About 24 seconds of just the Dirty Thirty.

When will promoters and track owners realize this type of racing is not safe?

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Camera dud not very bright. I watched a photog get cut in have at the Grove a long time ago. Some goofy Merc pro mod Iron Horse or something like that went straight to the wall and climbed the guardrail and poof. 2 pieces fling thru the air.

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
I would never race on a track that wasn't prepped properly, when i go to a track one of the first things i do is go out and walk the track to check it out, lifes too short to wreck being an idiot
When I used to race back in the day Myself and a few other guys ALWAYS WALKED THE TRACK BEFORE WE STARTED RACING . You would not believe what we would find .

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3

tom-k

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I was at Norwalk one day and they were having the cars back up because of track clean up and a girl just stood there too busy talking in the staging lanes and the car ran over her foot---i see it all the time --- too many people too close to the starting line