Yeah......no prep

GBRG07

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I just can't imagine risking a $100,000 car in a no prep race.
I had a Nova that ran low 8's but that was a big tire car only had to lift a couple of times.:)

Used to race with guys that ran 10.5 cars in the 7's and a couple guys in the 8's on 8 inch tires. They were an absolute handful to get down the track... exciting for sure. Guess I just don't have enough money to wreck a car for excitement.

Barry Taylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Randy I've heard that most of those cars are running some sort of traction control. Any truth to that. Barry

Austin Bubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I bet it's 50/50. Our engine builder tried the Davis box on his Radial car (tube chassis and 950+ cu in and a ton of N2o) and had issues due to him making adjustments that the traction control box didn't like. I know some of the guys that run Top Sportsman with us have tried to do the same with MSD Grid for outlaw racing.

You don't see Birdman blow the tires off too often and he's now running a Hemi and two huge Pro Mod turbos. One of the Oklahoma Street Outlaw guys got paid to show up to the race in San Antonio last weekend and he's rarely on the show. Hard to turn that down when your expenses are covered. I can't imagine Birdman and the other big names have paid an entry in a long while.

El Rat

Well Known Member
Birdman is probably the best no prep guy around. Lots of pretenders but I think he be the best! And yep some kind of traction control!

El Rat

Well Known Member
Birdman is probably the best no prep guy around. Lots of pretenders but I think he be the best! And yep some kind of traction control