York show this weekend

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I know a few of us will be making to York. I'll be there Sat a.m.(no car)
robert

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Robert,
We're heading up there tonight. Be there tomorrow and Saturday, look forward to seeing you and others.

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
since Tommy (real61SS) asked me to come, i'm gonna try saturday. also gonna try to bring the white 63 with me. it'll be out side with the other "cruise-ins". I would rather do sunday at the beaver springs dragway. not sure i can do both. we'll see.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
York was interesting. I'll let John post some photos. No Loving Chevy though. We missed you Bob:hug
robert

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Hi Guys,hooked up with Robert and Tommy and his beautiful wife Debbie today.Show was really decent,great weather,great turn out and nice interesting cars.Tommy's 61' Ford Starliner is absolutely beautiful.I sure got a learning lesson from that car.Alot of options that was available on a 61' Ford,were not common knowledge to me.Tommy really taught me a history lesson on these cars.I enclosed a few pictures of Tommy car below..The York Show was dedicated to Fords this year.Were not all that many Chevy "W" blocks there this year.I did take a lot of pictures,just click on the link below.Enjoy the pictures. John

(img) (/img)

(img)(/img)

Robert,Tommy,John in front of this beautiful 1961 Ford Starliner,390ci,401hp,4 speed car.

(img)
(/)

Tommy and his wife Debbie.

(img) (/img)

Here's the link to my pictures from the show.About 123 total,were about 600 cars there on Saturday. Bob Walker where were you!!! Everyone was looking for the Loving Chevrolet. John
http://rides.webshots.com/album/573465322FFFrhd

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
It was a good show, always good to spend time with Robert & John. Yesterday Dick came by and my buddy Verne Frantz was there so we went to dinner Saturday night. Today we got to meet Wally Bell that was a treat, had hoped to meet Bob Walker but didn't see him.
Great show, nice bunch of cars!!!!

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
York was interesting. I'll let John post some photos. No Loving Chevy though. We missed you Bob:hug
robert

spent the day with my 10 Y/O son in the hospital. he's very sick and has been for 10 days. our sunday trip to OC is off as well. Sorry i wont make "beaver Springs" either. bummer........i really wanted to go to york and beaver. Jimmy was showing good improvement until saturday morning. reaction to meds. turns out he has Mono :eek: not just pneumonia. or originally what was thought to be a summer cold.

anyhow, thanx for thinking of me, sorry to dissapoint. (Tommy did ask me to come) as did my own uncle, Tommy Sneden.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Bob: I hope your 'lil' crew member improves and is at the track with you soon.
I must comment on John's story about the history lesson. I sort of "grew up" working on FE Fords a little later than Tommy's 61 but I also learned allot about FE's and 61's. I wanted to crawl in and under the car to have a visual understanding of the differences in FE's and 61's! Thanks Tommy:clap
Tommy, I thought about the Kansas show and agree with Debbie you should try to take the blue 61 out there and of course stop by Phil's.(making sure it's still in the trailer when you leave,his reputation as the "kansas raider" may have some merit) I'm still trying to plan my Boulder trip next month with some Kansas and MO. stops
robert

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Bob,

Sorry to hear Jimmy isn't feeling well. Sounds like the Docs have a good idea what direction to take his treatment now. I'll keep him in my prayers.

I talked with your uncle Tom for about twenty minutes Friday. Very enjoyable meeting. He showed me the picture of your dad, him, and other uncle with you sitting in the truck. Sometime around the mid 60s? Great piece of history!

attachment.php

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Bob, My prayers go out to your little guy to get well soon:pray My little guy was a great help to me in the pits back in the day. ( He's 43 now ):eek::cheers:cheers

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Bob,
Debbie and I just arrived home from York and learned of your son's illness. We hope he recovers soon and he will be in our prayers.

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
thanx everybody,
Jimmy has read your replies, and is doing much better now that they know the ailment and the treatment has been corrected. we'll be back in action before u know it.

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Bob,

Sorry to hear Jimmy isn't feeling well. Sounds like the Docs have a good idea what direction to take his treatment now. I'll keep him in my prayers.

I talked with your uncle Tom for about twenty minutes Friday. Very enjoyable meeting. He showed me the picture of your dad, him, and other uncle with you sitting in the truck. Sometime around the mid 60s? Great piece of history!

attachment.php

left to right: Tom Sneden, Bob Walker, Dave Reitz and me. "stay in the truck boy" RStreet and PaintJohn were at capitol on my 50th BDay. the day a man walked up and gave several of us copies of that picture. he said he found slides in the attic of a house. this is one of several he showed us. my sister was the first to notice the "boy" in the truck.
the "boy" in the truck was dreaming of the day he could race like the big guys. the photo was taken early in 63 before the leaves were full on the trees. we think that if were fall, there would 1964 cars on the trailer.

thanx Dick for posting. is that a copy of my scan? or did Tommy fix u up with a copy?
either way, it was good to see.

Speed

Supporting Member 1
It was a good show, always good to spend time with Robert & John. Yesterday Dick came by and my buddy Verne Frantz was there so we went to dinner Saturday night. Today we got to meet Wally Bell that was a treat, had hoped to meet Bob Walker but didn't see him.
Great show, nice bunch of cars!!!!

It was great meeting you and Many other wonderful people..
It was a special show..many old,deserving friends were inducted Friday evening,
and then a raucus time at TGIFriday's....:crazy
Man..Sunday at Beaver Springs was awesome!

www.wallybell.com