YOURS, MINE & OURS PART 2

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Hey Dennis, did you ever do business with H&H Classics out of Bentonville, Arkansas?

I just received their catalog and they seem to carry most of the components needed for our vehicles, lots of Dynacorn parts, etc.

Thanks for sharing the pics of your progress, we're all quite envious!

TomK

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I have. They seem to be in a back order situation on sheet metal as well as most of the others. Ships are here, waiting for a dock as I understand. I have had no problems with H &H, but that was work on the 63’s

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Dennis , thanks for the rear molding pictures. A real nice fit of the molding top, to the surface of the body of the car. It looks like you may have to caulk the small hole where the rain gutter molding, meets the bottom glass molding , which is what I also had to do, and after it set up a few day's, I used a small paint brush and painted the caulking the same color as the car. Looks as though you had the same problem on the right side , bottom corner of the molding as I did, getting the end to slide under the rain gutter chrome molding. I removed the rain gutter molding, and Jim made a snap clip, that snapped down into the very small hole in the body, to secure the end from popping back up, I then re-installed the rain gutter molding. Your rear glass and moldings, look great. Nice job... Mike

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I used H and H for my '62 hood in October. Very nice people to deal with and went out of their way to arrange a pick up of the hood from the Dynacorn warehouse about 5 hours from my house rather than pay for truck freight shipping which was over $500. They had also shopped the shipping for me to try and find a better deal. A day trip and the hood was home undamaged for the price of a tank of gas and some tolls. Bodyman said it fit very well. I recently bought some new tail light lenses from them. They have a pretty extensive catalog (which I try to avoid looking at as I can always find something to buy if I try hard enough).

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Having new springs put on the car and I don't have a spring compressor thats worth a damn so my buddy is doing it for me. I hate screwing with front coils!!!!

While he is doing that, I'm detailing the motor. QA Block built as a 380 HP. Will have the mid-62 service package intake and the 006 service package distributor. Got the vintage valve covers from Mr. Campbell and restored them.

IMG_4524.jpgIMG_4532.jpgIMG_4534.jpg
IMG_4537.jpgIMG_4531.jpg

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Are you going to do that engine a favor and use headers or wuss out and put manifolds on it? That engine looks great,is this car supposed to be a driver?
To start Don.......I'm wussing it:cry2 I may put Stahls back on the Shaker. When I do, the Wilson headers will most likely wind up on the 62. This will be a driver. It's no show car. Also have a nice ceramic coated set of Hi-Po 425/409 manifolds to under consideration.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Well the hi po 409 manifold[400-425 ] was part of the service package that you're trying to replicate and would be a definate improvement over the standard 2 1/2 center dump manifolds.What does it have for a cam? With that intake and a dual point dist.you've taken out a lot of that engines low speed responce,especially if you're sticking with a stock carb.It'll drive much better with a modern carb like a 650 AVS2.

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Well the hi po 409 manifold[400-425 ] was part of the service package that you're trying to replicate and would be a definate improvement over the standard 2 1/2 center dump manifolds.What does it have for a cam? With that intake and a dual point dist.you've taken out a lot of that engines low speed responce,especially if you're sticking with a stock carb.It'll drive much better with a modern carb like a 650 AVS2.
Don, Russ can provide a little more detail about the motors history. He purchased it from a friend that had passed away. He is the person that put it together and I don't have all the details of the build. I was only curious enough to pull the pan and intake to have a look as the build is several years old now. This is what I do know: stock crank and rods with new pistons, 62 dated 690's, 422 block, hydraulic cam and lifters (both new). Never run. This is the engine I start with.......bigger plans for the top a bit later on an original bore 068 block, rods and crank, as well as original pistons.
IMG_4499.jpgIMG_4493.jpgIMG_4486.jpgIMG_4501.jpgIMG_4486.jpg

IMG_4500.jpg

:):)