YOURS, MINE & OURS PART 2

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Putting the original stainless rear window trim over an original rear widow glass with a repo seal that appears NOT to be of the correct dimension.
I had to really work with the stainless to get close to a panel body to stainless seam and the stainless to seal contact. So.....for all the originalists, this is not the proper fix. That being said, I was not of the mindset to take the window out and hope that the next repo window seal was correct.

This was my Louisiana boy via Missouri expertise fix........AND damn proud of it!!..............At least it won't leak!!!

IMG_3945.jpgIMG_3947.jpgIMG_3946.jpg

62bubble

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Dennis, did you use all longer stainless molding clips on the bottom of the rear glass ,or just the two longer clips on the ends? Could you post a picture of the bottom rear glass stainless molding fit?? Thanks, Mike

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Dennis, did you use all longer stainless molding clips on the bottom of the rear glass ,or just the two longer clips on the ends? Could you post a picture of the bottom rear glass stainless molding fit?? Thanks, Mike

Mike, just looked at this ...sorry! To be honest, I did not set the glass. I sent both long and short to my guy to use. He trialed fit and chose clips that came to, or very close to the top edge. When I installed the trim, it solidly snapped in with no problems with trim body alignment.

i'll get some pick today/