Z-11 AIR CLEANER NEED SOME INFO

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I started to kick around the idea of making an air cleaner similar to a Z-11 air cleaner. I am looking for some dimensions of an original if anyone can help. I need the diameter and height of the base and of the filter element. I could probably use the assembly manual and a scale ruler but if I can get the basic dimensions from someone on the site, it would be great.

63 dream'n

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
MRH post: 297578 said:
Thanks Keith. Pictures look good. It must be the subject matter!:D:winner
Think you're being a little modest Brian......you do nice work!,how's the back ?????

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Thank you Brian! I hate to have to ask for help on this, but if you're offering:brow, where did you find the cake pans? Best I can tell they should be 20" in diameter and 3" high. One place online that lists a pan with these dimensions is out of stock. Are you running a filter?I have a pretty good idea as to how I want to make the air cleaner but more pictures would be great if you don't mind.
Right now I'm trying to locate a source for the aluminum pans. . Once I have a pan, the rest should be pretty straight forward. If I can't locate a pan then it would be a lot more work to make the base.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
Brian, you are the man!:bow Thank you so much for the information. Here goes a few more months not getting anything done on my '63. I've been working on a couple other air cleaners lately, so I'll just keep working on air cleaners for the foreseeable future. :D I do enjoy it though!