Z-11 AIR CLEANER NEED SOME INFO

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
I started to kick around the idea of making an air cleaner similar to a Z-11 air cleaner. I am looking for some dimensions of an original if anyone can help. I need the diameter and height of the base and of the filter element. I could probably use the assembly manual and a scale ruler but if I can get the basic dimensions from someone on the site, it would be great.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
MRH post: 297578 said:
Thanks Keith. Pictures look good. It must be the subject matter!:D:winner

Think you're being a little modest Brian......you do nice work!,how's the back ?????

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Oh come on Grub, it was 2 cake pans a pizza pan and some exhaust pipe. Get your story straight!:laugh2
Hope you don't mind Brian, I'm going to try the cake pan and pizza tray thing.
I'm hoping to make one completely out of aluminum. We'll see what happens.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Thank you Brian! I hate to have to ask for help on this, but if you're offering:brow, where did you find the cake pans? Best I can tell they should be 20" in diameter and 3" high. One place online that lists a pan with these dimensions is out of stock. Are you running a filter?I have a pretty good idea as to how I want to make the air cleaner but more pictures would be great if you don't mind.
Right now I'm trying to locate a source for the aluminum pans. . Once I have a pan, the rest should be pretty straight forward. If I can't locate a pan then it would be a lot more work to make the base.

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
1- 21 inch o.d. pizza pan, 1- 20 1/2 o.d. cake pan 3 1/4 high, 1- 14 inch cake pan 3 inch high, k&n air filter o.d. 16 i.d. 14 3 1/4 high rated for 1000+cfm. Dogleg is 16 wide and 2 1/2 thick. Rubber boot is rolled roofing seamed on the bottom. Trim is 1/8x1/2 aluminum stock. Get to work.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Brian, you are the man!:bow Thank you so much for the information. Here goes a few more months not getting anything done on my '63. I've been working on a couple other air cleaners lately, so I'll just keep working on air cleaners for the foreseeable future. :D I do enjoy it though!