Z-11 aluminum parts

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
Jim Jones told me he had a 62 with an aluminum front end on it when he lived here in Fort Worth many years ago. It broke down on the eastside of town and when he got back to the car, the aluminum front end was gone! :cry I remember reading one of Jim's BelAirs - the one with the Z-11 engine - had aluminum fenders, but he had to fabricate one fender from scratch! Anyone know if this is true? Anyone know where his cars are now? The aluminum fendered car is the one my daughter bumped her head on :eek: while in the staging lane at Green Valley Raceway's Super Chevy Sunday.

My current BelAir Sport Coupe fried a coil one day, and I was able to talk the original owner to let me park the car inside the fenced area of his shop until I could get back to it. After hearing Jim's story I was very worried about leaving the car on the eastside!

:cool:

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Interesting....

Hey Wrench, one time I was talking with Donnie Shaffer on the phone and he mentioned a car that he had to hammer and dolly out a new replacement aluminum fender for... Wonder if there's any relationship? This was maybe a year ago. I recall it was a 1962 vehicle.

Cheers
TomK

wrench

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
RE: Wonder if there's any relationship? This was maybe a year ago. I recall it was a 1962 vehicle.

I don't know. My daughter is 25 now, that's make it 22 or 23 years back when I saw Jones aluminum 62 car.

:cool: