z-11 for sale!

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Nice car, for sure Jason. But, I think our stimulus checks, would need to be more stimulating.:roll:roll Skip:)

raymar58409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
The car belongs to Raymond Fowler. He also has a red/red 63 425HP 4-speed Super Sport. You can jst barely see it behind the Z-11.

Parts

Well Known Member
Some Info I have shows this car's original owner was Johnson/Mattingly
Original Dealership was Bud Gates Chevrolet in Indy. and the driver was Jim Johnson
Larry

No409

Supporting Member 1
hasent that car been for sale for a while? i seem to remember a ad in hemmings about this car at least a year back, and i thought it mentioned something about K.C. Spurlock, the TFFC driver? am i wrong? i ususally dont miss much on z-11`s

oil4kids

Well Known Member
well, If you were Lamar Walden what else would you drive on the street..

although there was this story about Dick Harrells wife driving his Black 62 Impala 09 / Z11 to the store and shutting down a few people in the process.

hey Larry ......... maybe you can help me out here with some of that story

oil4kids

Well Known Member
sorry to drift off the subject

heres a old photo of Chevy town/mothers worry

1963 RPO Z-11, Red with Red Interior, RPO Z-11 Came Factory Equipped With More Racing Components Than Any Other RPO/COPO In Chevy History. 20 Pieces Of Lightweight Aluminum (Hood, Fenders, Bumpers, Bumper Brackets, Splash Pan, Fan Shroud etc) It Had A Special 409 Style 427 CU IN Engine 13.5 to 1 Compression That In Reality Made 550 HP. In 1963 Z-11's Won AFX, Indy, And The Winter Nationals Running High 11's at 120+ MPH. There Were Only 50 Z-11 Cars Produced. Only 13 Complete Cars Are Known To Exist. Orginally Raced As Chevy Town And Later As AFX Mothers Worry. 1555 Orginal Miles, Purchased From CK Spurlock In 1999. Frame Off Restored With An Orginal QM Block And All Correct Parts. Serious Inquiries Only $250,000.00 Call 770-539-9111 or www.ciacars.net $250,000

Attachments

• chevytownmothersworry.jpg
    chevytownmothersworry.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 207

Parts

Well Known Member
Yes Mark your right. Elaine Harrell drove the Black 62 Car with Aluminum front end and hi port engine to work a lot of days. She worked at a bank in down town Carlsbad, NM about 6 or 8 miles from their home. She would slip the clutch and the entire front end would shake as he left a stop light. Some times there would be some idiot that thought he could out run this car, or seeing her in it thought it might be his only chance to out run it and then he could brag. I doubt she even knew what the guy had in mind. She might stand on it but she did not shift fast so there was no race as far as she was concerned. Dick and Elaine dove the 61 409 on the street also, It was the only car that they owned. Same with the 62, they only had one car. The 63 Z11 was driven to Las Cruces, NM one weekend by Dick and the entire family went with him. He had just completed the NHRA legal engine and wanted to break it in. The trip was about 200 miles one way. They towed it home after the races in El Paso, Tx on Sunday. That was the week end I got to drive the Z11 on the back roads of rural southern NM.

Larry
well, If you were Lamar Walden what else would you drive on the street..

although there was this story about Dick Harrells wife driving his Black 62 Impala 09 / Z11 to the store and shutting down a few people in the process.

hey Larry ......... maybe you can help me out here with some of that story

482STROKER

Well Known Member
sorry to drift off the subject

heres a old photo of Chevy town/mothers worry

1963 RPO Z-11, Red with Red Interior, RPO Z-11 Came Factory Equipped With More Racing Components Than Any Other RPO/COPO In Chevy History. 20 Pieces Of Lightweight Aluminum (Hood, Fenders, Bumpers, Bumper Brackets, Splash Pan, Fan Shroud etc) It Had A Special 409 Style 427 CU IN Engine 13.5 to 1 Compression That In Reality Made 550 HP. In 1963 Z-11's Won AFX, Indy, And The Winter Nationals Running High 11's at 120+ MPH. There Were Only 50 Z-11 Cars Produced. Only 13 Complete Cars Are Known To Exist. Orginally Raced As Chevy Town And Later As AFX Mothers Worry. 1555 Orginal Miles, Purchased From CK Spurlock In 1999. Frame Off Restored With An Orginal QM Block And All Correct Parts. Serious Inquiries Only $250,000.00 Call 770-539-9111 or www.ciacars.net $250,000
not a bad deal compared to the $495,000 Nomad on ebay now