z-11 goes to auction

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
???????????????????????????????/

I couldn't find anything............whadda I'm missing??????????

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
2nd times a charm!!!!!!!!!!! Hank said he was doing this. He does have a reserve tho!!!

yellow wagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Wonder what she'll sell for?? I would imagine a few people will want to take a crack at bidding to win it since this is a documented car :?

k9hotrodder409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 15
I have pictures of that car from my visit to Floyd Garrett's Museum in Tennessee 2 years ago.:love That is where I first laid eyes on Tommy's white '61.:love I could just imagine what that car will go for.:deal:crazy:cheers

mark johnson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I've always thought that Hank and his son did a great job on that car! It's beautiful. Not only that, but if you've ever heard that car run.......it sounds like it's ready to do battle TODAY against the Ford Thunderbolts and Race Hemis! I mean that ol' car really thumps hard! When found, this car was missing so many of it's rare parts that just scrounging them up was a monumental undertaking. In fact, if a similar Z-11 would be found missing so many parts today, it might not even be restorable anymore as a complete car. The "Good Ol' Mr. Wilson" has a great history as a match racer and I love the story about the match race against Ron Pellegrini's FX Mustang and emerging victorious.

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
My last view of the car at Thompson last summer at the 409 shoot out, Thanks Hank
robert

Attachments

• 2909399590102630611S600x600Q85.jpg
    2909399590102630611S600x600Q85.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 76

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
A couple more pictures from Thompson.

Attachments

• IMGP0286_resize.JPG
    IMGP0286_resize.JPG